Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:59:56 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243723 times)

Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #610 on: November 14, 2014, 11:27:59 AM »
Bezalel,

You can manage your licenses including getting a new one by logging into your account on the website.  If you don't have an account yet, just set one up.

Peter
« Reply #611 on: November 14, 2014, 05:46:30 PM »
Hi Peter

Thanks for the good advice, it is almost the same answer as came from the Artsoft guys which arrived about the same time.

I thought I should came back to the forum and let others know about the license managing facility in your Artsoft account.

I see you already beat me too it.

I'm thinking most people searching for a solution to a

"  Failed to license feature M4_DARWIN (mcDarwin)
Darwin License has failed with -37 error  "

would probably be as green as me and need a nudge in the right direction.

thanks again

Cheers

« Reply #612 on: November 16, 2014, 05:42:11 PM »
Art,

At the risk of driving you to drink, I've discovered some more information about the encoder actions in Darwin that might be of use to you.  As you might recall, I have 3 shaft encoders that work fine in M3.  While playing around in M4, I've found that enabling encoders 0 and 1 results in both axes working fine.  If I disable encoder 0, encoder 1 stops working.  If I enable encoders 0 and 2 only, both work okay.  If I enable all three, I'm back to that problem of Darwin sending signals to M4 when there is encoder motion.
So, enabling encoder 0 seems to be required for any encoder to work.  Encoder 2 seems to interact in other ways.

I bring this up now because it appears that M4 now supports encoders.  Now I need to get the function calls and definitions!

Thanks

Peter
« Reply #613 on: November 16, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »
Correction, sentence 6 should have read:

If I enable all three, I'm back to that problem of Darwin sending signals to M4 when there is NO encoder motion.

Peter

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 16, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »
Peter:

Thnks, I will check the code to see if there is an error. Do the encoders read properly in Darinws encoder tab no matter whats enabled?
It will help point to possible driver error or plugin..

thx
Art
« Reply #615 on: November 16, 2014, 08:32:36 PM »
Art,

Yes, I can enable all three at once and they look okay in Darwin.  This would lead me to suspect it's an M4 problem except for the erroneous entries in the history log.

If I knew the encoder functions in M4, I might be able to do some more sleuthing.

Thanks for your patience

Peter
« Reply #616 on: November 16, 2014, 08:51:47 PM »
A bit more.  Everything looks okay in Darwin, any combination.

In M4, 0 and 1 enabled = okay.  0 and 2 enabled, 2 works, 0 doesn't. 1 and 2 enabled, neither work.  All enabled, stream of erroneous messages saying 1 and 3 have moved.  Yes, 3.  I don't have an encoder 3.  Sorry I missed this 'detail' before.

When I say doesn't work, I mean no message in the history log for that axis.

Peter
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:56:22 PM by pbarratt »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 16, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »
Hi Peter:

Thx, I think your description has lead me to the error.

Unfortunately, I dont keep old builds, but I have repaired the latest build, which will proably work
as I dont think the API has changed any structures. So use the plugin in this attachment, no need to
update the driver or anything, just update the plugin and the .sig files and your encoders should
start to work fine.

Thx
Art
« Reply #618 on: November 16, 2014, 09:23:53 PM »
Art,

You did it!  All looks good here now.  And yes, I did just realize MPG0, 1, and 2 in setup are really MPG1, 2, and 3 in the history file.

Thank you again for your fine work!

You wouldn't by any chance have a programmer's guide to Mach 4 functions, would you?  

Peter

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 16, 2014, 10:43:42 PM »
Peter:

Im afraid there is none as yet. Writing a plugin is at times quite a challenge. :) , Im glad its all working well,
I'm getting reports form many Darwin users of very good stability, and Ive been using it myself quite a bit, Im quite impressed
with how well it works for me.

Thanks for the help on the bug..

Art