Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:11:19 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243735 times)

Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #680 on: January 05, 2015, 04:01:03 PM »
My issue with homing was related to signal 1 being set automatically with Darwin configuration under my motors. After setting them to the proper input signals the homing features worked.

I am still having issues with random lockups between operations where it will give a darwin buffer error. I hope to find the set of events that cause it.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 05, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
Hi:

The buffer error typically only occurs if you go too fast for the kernal speed. In Mach4, make sure the velocityPerMin divided by 60 and multiplied by stepsPerunit is less than the kernal speed. ( 5% less to be safe).

Vel/60 * Steps <= Kernal frequency

Art
« Reply #682 on: January 08, 2015, 01:51:25 AM »
 :)Thank you. pwm out fine.verry good.
 One question more.
 m7 and m8  not can delay the setting operation in mach4 ..
 Please tell me. thanks.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 08, 2015, 07:30:52 AM »
Hello:

Thats a question I think for the Mach4 developers, Im unsure as to why or how those settigns work.  ( I use a laser so I have no need of them). I will ask the guys...

Art
« Reply #684 on: January 25, 2015, 06:45:44 PM »
Hello Art
I have a issue I hope you can help me with Darwin version 1.2157 this is licensed, my problem is that I can not change anything in it after initial set up meaning if I want to change any setting in Darwin I have to make a whole new profile for Mach4 from the beginning. I'm getting really good by now not forgetting any settings in Darwin. What happens is when I go back into Darwin and make a change I go to close out and Mach4 freezes up, I then have to ctl alt deleat and end process then reboot to get everything back up and going again.

Thanks for your time.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 25, 2015, 08:52:17 PM »
Hi:

I have heard of similar reports, but only on earlier versions of the software. Latest versiosn dont sem to have any troubles
in config. 2157 sounds a bit young? Id redownload and get 2178 or whatever is the current version installed. Recent versions
seem to add more features of repair things that arent as serious as earlier versions did. Try the most recent, an make sure M4 is
installed off the root folder.. ( just in case its some security issue). If it still screws up, delete all profiles and try again. M4 seems to read
all profiles on startup, so it may be some corruption in the profile file thats the issue.

Art
« Reply #686 on: January 27, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »
Hi

Last night i uninstalled Mach4 and Darwin compleatly and reinstalled 2178 of Mach4 and Darwin witch was the latest version put all my settings in and as last time Mach and Darwin lock up as soon as i make a change in Darwin from the inital set up. Bummer is there a back door that i can make my changes in besides going through Mach4 ?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 27, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
Tom:

Sometimes, Darwins driver versiosn can Stick. When you try to config Darwin, the plugin shows two version numbers on the Plugins Kernal Speed Page.
What two numbers do you get?

I get ... 1.21 with 1.23 under it..

Art
« Reply #688 on: January 27, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »
Hello
 I also get version 1.21 followed by 1.23

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 27, 2015, 10:01:03 PM »
Hi Tom:

Im afraid Im out of idea's. It seems some responce of your system is locking it up, but Im unaware of other reports and cannot think
of what would stop the behaviour. Its as if some library is out of date and causing the issue, but such problems can be a bear to find
and can lead to entire reloading of an OS.  I not sure I can advise what to do in this instance..

Art