Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:33:22 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243625 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2014, 06:51:14 AM »
Peter:

Np, your forgiven.

My next step.. and dont feel compelled. Would be to bring up the ports tab so you can see the result,
remove the plug from port 2, and jumper pin 5 to pin 25. Does pin 5 change and does pin 15 duplicate the change?

What Im wondering is if your wiring is doing this. Mach3 didnt show the data Darwin does, so you'd never know. Of
course if you use pin 15 for something then youd think itd be noticable. SO at this point, what doesnt work? Just the
encoder on pin 1? Or does the system work but the mirroring is just strange? Various breakout baord Ive seen can
 do weird things, and feeding back an input on multiple pins wouldnt be the stangest thing Ive ever seen...

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2014, 06:55:31 AM »
This version should fix Sage's toggling on enable.. I would hope anyway.
I doubt it will fix yours Peter, Im still struggling with where a signal can replicate itself
on another pin..

Just the plugin needs replacing on this version..

Art

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2014, 08:10:48 AM »
Hi Art.
I was about to report that we had gone backwards with 16-1 because I was back to having to disable/enable to get jogging back after a Ref. But 16-2 fixed that again.

BUT otherwise 16-2 is the same with respect to pin 14 coming on (high) and activating my K2 relay.
It seems that pin 14 is following pin 17 (my charge pump) because they both seem to come on together when I have to disable/enable to get the charge pump going.

BUT
If I look at pin 14 in the Darwin control port screen pin 14 ledicon is always red regardless of relay condition. But then pin 14 is disabled in Darwin so maybe it's not indicating the status properly.

There are no other outputs configured in M4 other than the charge pump and it's pointing at the named signal "charge pump #1"

Sage

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2014, 09:22:33 AM »
Sage:

Thx, Ill look deeper... I cant understand how a signal is getting jumpered that way. Cant seem to repeat it here either.

Anyway, Ill keep trying to think of what coudl cause yours and Peters troubles, they seem related...

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2014, 10:08:52 AM »
Hi All:

OK, heres a version that will log every signal getting activated or deactivated. Sage, can you tell me whatthe history button
shows when you enable?

(only the plugin needs to be replaced..)

Art
« Reply #385 on: August 19, 2014, 10:33:52 AM »
Hi Art,

You bring up a valid point and I will check it out.  However, I am faced with the problem that my probe does not appear to trigger any pins in Darwin but does in M3.

Loading latest version of Darwin.

Peter
« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2014, 11:30:39 AM »
Art,

You're gonna love this!

With the cable unplugged, all port 2 pins show red except 11 which is green,  Grounding pin 5 to 25 causes pin 9 to go green and 11 to go red.  Grounding pin 9 to 25 causes pins 5 and 15 to go green!

If I ground pin 5, causing pin 9 to go green then quickly ground 9, it doesn't go red right away but does after the same delay that occurs if I just remove the jumper.  In other words, the floating inputs appear to take some time to bleed off and grounding pin 9 does not show as an immediate grounding.  However, removing the jumper from pin 9 does cause an immediate change in pins 5 and 15 back to red.  I believe this shows that pin 9 in Darwin is not really pin 9.

Anyone have an exorcism routine other than Unix?

Peter
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2014, 11:38:30 AM »
Art,

BTW, I also have something connected to my K2 relay.  I haven't configured it in either Darwin or M4 yet but it is powered on even with Darwin and M4 in estop.

I didn't see the history button in the last Darwin but it's only my first coffee.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
Peter:

lol.. I definitely agree that an exorcism is needed. Thats the damn weirdest thing Ive ever seen. I wish I knew if it happens
only on port2.. I have a port 1 only and it behaves very well. I honestly cant see where the port number would matter..

Still considering..

Art

ps: history button is at the screen bottom in wxMach program..
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2014, 11:52:16 AM »
Would it help if I called it port 3 and didn't use port 2?  Also, I believe I can configure the second port for different resource address.

Then the problem becomes how to describe what I've done without confusing everyone, including myself.  Port 2, 3, second port, LOL

Peter