Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:12:16 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243699 times)

Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #1060 on: February 22, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
I sent the snapshot by email hopefully that works I didn't find a way to post the picture here

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 22, 2017, 04:04:24 PM »
The photo does seem to show a noisy waveform, but it has no puilse number showing, which is very odd.
Does it ever show a number?

Art
« Reply #1062 on: February 22, 2017, 04:16:19 PM »
It has shown a pulse number before but I don't remember the circumstances. I believe while adjusting it will appear periodically but it doesn't stay. When it does show up it corresponds to what the slider shows.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 22, 2017, 07:54:56 PM »
Its odd that happens, it should display a number if its pulsing, though the waveform seems to indicate at least partially stable operation..
Does it sound odd when jogging one axis? Smooth or rough?

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 23, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »
Archive Purpose:

In offlist emails it seems Jame's machine is returning to start but the job has strange scallops and profiles in it.
Best to mention here for archival use, if any machine can run a job and return to its start, then there is no issue with pulsing.
Pulseing either works, or doesnt in terms of being good enough to work. A machien that returns to home has lost no pulses,
it has received all of them so they cancel out to get it home.

The problem on this system is yet to be determined, but I suspect slow acceleration on axis. Plasma machines are the most
affected by this as they tend to have slow accelerations, which can cause CV systems to have bad artifacting. Best rule is use as fast an
acceleration as you can, and keep axis as close to each other in accel as possible. If one is slow to accel and the other is fast to accel
artifacting is maximized.

Thx, Just a note.
Art

« Reply #1065 on: February 23, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »
Hi Art,

I have a quick (hopefully) question about M4 and Darwin. I have built myself a reasonably simple cnc router that I had running ok with a trial version of M3. As a way of future proofing, I hoped to trial M4 with Darwin. I have been able to get the inputs and outputs to work ok, but can't get the steppers to jog from either Darwin or M4.  The DRO's within either program will show that there is movement, but nothing physical.

At this stage I am only using the trial versions of both Darwin and M4.  I am seeing an error in M4 about "failed to license M4_darwin" and a -11 error.  Is there a trial license file for Darwin that I have missed somewhere? There isn't one in the M4 license directory, so I am unsure if my issue is due to that or something else.

Thanks

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 23, 2017, 09:24:01 PM »
Hi George:

As I recall, the license only enables outputs, the step/dir should work fine even with no license.
If the DROs are moving, and the axis arent, make sure Darwins step/dir outputs are setup properly,
they should run even with the trial. Dos the pulse engine test show proper pulsing? You should be
able to jog from there as long as your Estop is reset..

Art

« Reply #1067 on: February 26, 2017, 04:07:57 AM »
Hi Art,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. After a little more tinkering, I have been able to get the motors to jog correctly - I didn't have the step negated in Darwin which turned out to be the issue.

Now the next thing to work through is why homing all axes produces no movement but causes M4 to crash, requiring a reboot to start again = although I don't necessarily think that is a Darwin issue.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 26, 2017, 07:34:07 AM »
Make sure that the axis settings have the proper "home pin" selected in Darwins setup mask, as well as polarity
of the switch. Mach4 is only set to recognize the home switch input for display so enable the home inputs in Mach4, but also make sure on the
motor selections in Darwin that the proper input is selected for each axis..

If you press them manually and have it setup, the LED's in Mach4 should light up when their pressed. Leave all home/Limit switch inputs
in Mach4 as "High Active", only use Darwin Inputs mask to set the actually polarity of the switch.

Art

« Reply #1069 on: February 26, 2017, 03:20:31 PM »
Hi all i am having some issues with the parallel port plug in and mach current lock down version mach 4 and parallel port plugin.

The issue is that i can not get the Z axis to move in mach 4 turn it is grey-ed out in the software. at the jog panel

I have checked that all licenses are present and correct Mach 4 and Darwin , the motor is enabled and set up in Darwin and mach 4 .

The x axis worked ok no problem but no z axis as it is grey-ed out in the jog panel, the E stop is working correctly and i can jog my motors in the Darwin plug in.