Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:12:54 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243700 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #580 on: October 31, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »
Can you confirm for me that the file is named "DarwinLic.dat" ? 
Ive been reporting this to Steve..

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 31, 2014, 08:10:02 PM »
Hi Guys:

Here is Darwin for that 2063.. I was told 2068 breaks all plugins so I had this ready..

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 31, 2014, 08:16:14 PM »
Hi Guys:

Here is Darwin full file complement for 2067 and up..
Sorry for the banging of files.. but no-one told me the new release was
being released..

Art
« Reply #583 on: October 31, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »
Hey Art,
   Got it figured out when they send a new license the name is "parallel-port-legacy-plugin-for-mach4+(your pc id).txt" so I changed the name of the file to DarwinLic.dat and now it works. Thanks

Dave
« Reply #584 on: October 31, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »
Kudos to you Dave!  That worked here as well.

Art, that problem with the encoder inputs somehow interfering with things has gone away with the latest versions.

I still get that minor problem where I have to disable then re-enable to get the motors to turn.  This happens when in Darwin configuration or in Mach4 operation.  It stays okay once the motors are enabled.

Homing doesn't work for me.  It just sets the axis lights to green.  I have seen reference to Darwin doing a homing operation but I cannot find where that would be.  Where would it be?

Thanks

Peter
« Reply #585 on: November 01, 2014, 01:57:29 AM »
Hello All

Changing parallel-port-legacy-plugin-for-mach4+(your pc id).txt to DarwinLic.dat worked for me also. Just need to figure how to make my step/direction spindle work now and I'm back to where I was before everything got broken.

Eric

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 01, 2014, 08:00:35 AM »
Hi Guys:

Thanks for the confirmations..

As to homing.. Turn on debug in the Diag/Darwin dialog. See what messages come out when you home, it sounds like you
haven't specified the homing switches completely or they have wrong polarity. debug messages will show as to why..

For step/dir spindle, just specify a spindle output in M4, then in the Darwin Diag dialog specify no PWM spindle and set a min frequency and a max.
Then you should also get Debug messages if you turn on debug telling you what Darwin's attemptinbg when you try to turn on the spindle..

Art
« Reply #587 on: November 01, 2014, 05:51:04 PM »
Art,

By turning on debug I assume you mean check the print messages box.  When I do so, I get the following messages for a ref all command:

Axis 2 Estop capability disabled for homing
Axis Homing begins on Axis 2
Axis 2  Homed with 0 steps decel after switch
Homing Complete on slave motor 0
Homing Complete on Axis 2
All Homing Complete
Axis 0 Estop capability re-enabled after homing
Axis 0 Estop capability disabled for homing
Axis Homing begins on Axis 0
Axis Homing begins on Axis 1
Axis 0  Homed with 2177 steps decel after switch
Homing Complete on Axis 0
Axis 1  Homed with 0 steps decel after switch
Homing Complete on Axis 1
All Homing Complete
Axis 0 Estop capability re-enabled after homing

None of the axes move, none of the DROs change, the DRO status lights change to green.  The home switch and limit functions show up properly in both Darwin pinout and M4 diagnostic screens.

Since I don't have a slave axis and I do have separate home switches for each axis separate from the limit switches and they are not set up to trip estop, I'm thinking this is an M4 problem, not Darwin.

BTW, after checking the print box in Darwin diagnostics, the previous problem with the encoders returned.  I have disabled them until the feature is useable.

Hope you had a great Halloween.

Peter

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 01, 2014, 06:23:15 PM »
Peter:

Before you home, are the Home lights lit up on the diags page? ( They shouldnt be), and when you command home and the
DRO's turn green, are the home led's on the diags page lit? 

If not, then I dont think Darwin is seeing that you have home switches turned on. In Darwins config, ont he Motors
config page, there is a box for setting the home switch for that motor, did you set those boxes to the signal number
of whatever switch si your home switch?

Art
« Reply #589 on: November 01, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »
Well, that was embarrassing!   :-[ :-[ :-[

I missed setting the home switch numbers for the motors.  You'd think after having reentered all the setup data over the course of reinstalling several versions of software I'd have the routine down by now but ....  Is there a config file I can save for future re-installations so I don't embarrass myself this way again?

I have all three axes homing as expected again.  Thank you for your patience.

In terms of modifying home so that the axes move off the switch then zero the DROs, is that a function I will need to program myself?

When I first enable M4 and try to jog, the DROs change but the motors don't move.  If I then disable then re enable M4, I can jog the motors.  Also, going into config plugins/Darwin, then going back to 'normal' mode will require me to go through the same routine again to establish motion.  It's as if there's a housekeeping action missing somewhere.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Peter