Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:32:25 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243670 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #660 on: December 28, 2014, 01:29:55 AM »
you may just need to get the Darwin.m4pw and Darwin.sig and put them in the folder restart computer then run driver test restart computer and all should be good

Offline 3D

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 31, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »
Hello Art,
How do I check to see if the license is activated. When I trying to set up Mach 4 just stops responding to jog mode and if it sit for a little bit, I have to restart Mach 4 to get it to work. Do you have any ideas.
Eric
« Reply #662 on: December 31, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »
Timing out and then playing dead is part of the normal response to not being licensed.

To see if your Mach4Hobby license is recognized, click on the Help button on the topmost
bar on the Mach4 screen, and then select About. You should see a dialog box that states
which version of Mach4 you have and displays your license status and PCID.

To see if your Darwin license is recognized, click on the Help button on the topmost bar
on the Mach4 screen, and then select System Information (not About). You should see
a dialog box that shows Plugins and Devices on the left side. Click on Plugins to expand
the list of plugins. Find and select mcDarwin. The right window will now show all the
propertied of your plugin. At the bottom of this list should be a line that shows:

Feature M4_DARWIN       LICENSED

When Darwin is installed and running you should be able to click on Configure on the
topmost line of the Mach4 window and select Plugins, and find Darwin PP Driver in the
chart. In the right hand column of the Darwin entry there should be a Configure
button that will let you set up and test the Darwin driver.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline 3D

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 31, 2014, 03:40:35 PM »
Thank you Steve
I loaded Mach4 But I did not load Darwin.
Eric
« Reply #664 on: January 02, 2015, 07:57:03 AM »
I am trying M4 in demo mode. Darwin seems to be functioning properly  ie: jog axis and control my spindle, when I go to M4 I can jog my axis but they will not home and I have no spindle control. In the M4 history window it shows a problem with Darwin license. see attached. is this because I'm in demo mode?
Can someone design a flow chart that shows how Darwin interacts with M4? Input vs output signals, axis mapping, for example, what has to be configured to get an axis to "home"?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 02, 2015, 08:11:20 AM »
Hi:

A -33 error is a "File Not found" error. Its saying it cannto find a darwin license.
In this case no IO will work, so no homing. TO home in Darwin with Mach4, you need only to have Homing inputs
turned on in both Mach4, and in Darwin. ( See Darwin Video on setup.). If you turn on Debug in Darwin, ( meni item
in Mach4), you'll get messages when homing or doing almost anything, that will tell you hat Darwin is seeing, and whats its
doing as a result. It will give an idea as to whats wrog when you try to home. Shoudlnt matter if Mach is licensed or not
to get the debug messages.

Hope that helps
Art
« Reply #666 on: January 02, 2015, 08:56:31 AM »
Am I receiving this message because I haven't paid for Darwin yet?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 02, 2015, 09:00:58 AM »
Youd get it if you have no license file, so yes, if you havent yet recieved a personal license, it will always fail with that message.If you HAVE a license
and get that message, it means you placed it in the wrong place, or didnt rename it to DarwinLic.dat

Art
« Reply #668 on: January 02, 2015, 09:10:50 AM »
So in order to use M4 in demo, I have to at least purchase the Darwin license. correct?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 02, 2015, 09:55:55 AM »
Well, if you use IO..yes. But Darwin in Demo combined with Mach4 is demo should be able to run programs and so forth...
you just cant do things like homing or spindle control. The point of the demo is really so you can test your system with Darwin to make
sure it runs OK. If it runs and jogs alright, then its definite it will work in release.

Art