Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:07:37 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243647 times)

Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #370 on: August 18, 2014, 08:12:31 PM »
Art,

Okay.  the latest version works as far as retaining the input selection on port 2.  Thank you.

However, I'm still getting the problem of replicating of some inputs on other pins.  This is not a matter of selecting a negate box.  The signals shown on pins 11, 12, and 15 are replicas of the actual inputs on pins 6, 7, and 8 respectively.  The signal showing up on pin 11 is a replication of the actual input on pin 9 but is inverted.  The actual input on pin 11 appears to have no effect.  Selecting a negate box would not help here.  I did try, but with no effect.

As to losing it, if you ever find it, please look around for mine.   :)

Peter

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 18, 2014, 09:01:52 PM »
Peter:

Im still trying to figure out how that can be and keep coming up with it being impossible. Im sure
soemthing will tickle me eventually as to how that could happen.. I just cant repeat it, If I turn off all inputs and
ouputs for port 1, I can tickle every pin and watch its responce with no mirroring.. 

Hopefully soon somethign will show itself..

Art

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 18, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »
Hi Art:

Re: never using the "active low" in M4 do you mean for outputs or inputs?
If you mean for inputs then if you go back to post 304 I explained why I Have to use it in M4 order to get my homing to work. There is no way around it. I require a double negative action to keep my hardware, Darwin and M4 satisfied.

See also I posted my machine.ini back a few posts to do with my port 1 pin 14 oddity. No rush on that one unless you think it's another example of port mirroring, because I don't see where anything is supposed to be toggling it. It's not even enabled.

Maybe I'm losing it.  :P

Sage
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:26:58 PM by Sage »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 18, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
Sage:

No, I mean on Outputs only. Just leave activelow unchecked in mach4 for all output signals.

Im taking a look at your ini file now..

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 18, 2014, 09:35:17 PM »
Sage:

Thx, I did find the issue. If you had a signal disabled in Darwin, but mapped in M4, Darwin would toggle it anyway assuming
there was an error in config. Ive stopped that behaviour for future versions as its confusing .. SO , only one rule, neve ruse Low Active in M4 for an output
signal mapping. If a signal is backwards always use Darwins Negate to do the fix..

Art

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »
Ok. Sounds good.
Using the behavior you just described and predicting ahead a bit I'm wondering if you'll find something in M4 configured for Port 1 pin 14 in my ini file. Sounds like it's being toggled because of M4 even though it's not enable in Darwin (like you said). But I didn't see anything in M4.

Sage

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »
Sage:

Enable was turned off in Darwin, but I didnt see if it was in M4, its a bit harder to tell what signals m4 has mapped..

Art

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »
Ok. I'll look around in M4. For something mapped to pin14. But now that everything has a name, wouldn't I see an output mapped to  Aux output K2 (or whatever I called it in Darwin). I don't recall anything like that.

One thing I did notice is a bunch of lit up ledicons called enable 1,2,3 (or something) on an M4 screen somewhere. Where do those get enabled? I don't remember anything labelled "enable". Maybe one of those is mapped to pin 14.

Sage

« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »
Art, Thanks for the explanation on the signals .... it definitely had me confused... all my outputs in mach4 are unchecked and everything seems to be working good now.
« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2014, 11:08:48 PM »
Art,

An apology.  I got the replicated signal pins mixed up.  Pin 5 is being replicated on pin 15, pin 7 is being replicated on pin 12, and pin 6 is being replicated on pin 13.  Pin 9 is being replicated in inverted fashion on pin 11.  These are all port 2 input pins.

Sorry.  I know it helps to get the input data right.

Peter