Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:39:49 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243671 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #590 on: November 01, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »
Hi Peter:

>>In terms of modifying home so that the axes move off the switch then zero the DROs, is that a function I will need to program myself?

Yes. Youd need a script form what I hear.. Im unsure as yet how to do that..

>>When I first enable M4 and try to jog, the DROs change but the motors don't move.

This appears to be an M4 bug.. Im still checking into it..
Art
« Reply #591 on: November 02, 2014, 01:58:23 AM »

For step/dir spindle, just specify a spindle output in M4, then in the Darwin Diag dialog specify no PWM spindle and set a min frequency and a max.
Then you should also get Debug messages if you turn on debug telling you what Darwin's attemptinbg when you try to turn on the spindle..

Hello Art

You say choose a spindle output in M4. Is that the Spindle On in outputs for the output frequency pin in M4 or out of band axis under Spindle in M4. I watched your last Darwin Youtube video and I'm really confused as to where to make all these settings. You said in the video that M4 has it's own step/direction spindle check out the documentation on how to set it up. There is no documentation. Been trying to set this up on my own and having no luck.

I can put a frequency to the pin in Darwin and turn on the forward relay and get spindle motion but in M4 it don't work. Hasn't since you added the Arduino laser stuff and changed the regfile.

Here is what I got from the history file when I tried to turn on my spindle.

Signal 5 set to 0
Signal 6 set to 0
Signal 7 set to 0
Do MDI
Spindle Output located.
Signal 6 set to 1
Signal 5 set to 1

Eric.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 02, 2014, 01:22:37 AM »
have you remove the M3, M4 and M5 macros in the macros folder as they can cause the spindle not to work properly 
« Reply #593 on: November 02, 2014, 02:01:04 AM »
There were no M3, M4, or M5 macros in my profile macros folder. I even copied them from the Sims profile macros folder to my profile and still still no spindle movement. My forward and reverse relays will turn on and off but no spindle movement.

Eric

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 02, 2014, 02:18:32 AM »
does the button on screen work.

also you tick freq ctrl, just set hi and low in Darwin config

in Darwin set your output for spindle on, in m4 set spindle forward as what you set spindle on to.

I am only going by memory I don't use the Darwin machine I have for milling any more converting to darwin laser. if I am wrong art will say

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 02, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »
Hi:

You dont need Out of Band or anything, in Mach4 you need to set a spindle range ot the first spindle range setting.
Then in Darwin diagnostics, set frequency controlled spindle. Set a minimum and max frequency the vfd or controller
for the spindle can handle. THis doesnt mean the same as the mach4 range. For example set mach4's range from
0 - 2000rpm.. then set darwins range from 500 to 20Khz..  you basically match frequnecy with the RPM it will create.
  Turn on debug messages as well just in case. Also tell M4 that the spindle output is active.

This will giev you a step/dir spindle with no direction. TO change direction just creata another signal called SpindleCCW
and tell M4 it exists. That should be enough to make a step/dir spindle work. M4 has its own Spindle control fir such things
but like much of M4 , its still a mystery how it works until there are docs..

Art
« Reply #596 on: November 02, 2014, 11:49:56 PM »
Thanks Art followed your directions and that got my spindle working.

Eric.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 04, 2014, 07:07:55 AM »
Hi Guys:

This is version 2071 of Darwin, ( I will make darwins version number equal to the Mach4 version numbers..)

No need to upgrade unless you need to, this one reportedly reapres a few license issues, will accept .txt as well for
licenses, and can load plugins from the about menu..

Art

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 04, 2014, 07:12:42 AM »
Hi Guys:

This is version 2071 of Darwin, ( I will make darwins version number equal to the Mach4 version numbers..)

No need to upgrade unless you need to, this one reportedly reapres a few license issues, will accept .txt as well for
licenses, and can load plugins from the about menu..

Art

Hi Art,

You missed adding the attachment.  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #599 on: November 04, 2014, 07:42:29 AM »
Don't even see Mach4 2071 available yet.  ???

As usual, Arts always ahead of the curve.