Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:40:55 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243627 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
Hi Guys:

Brian tells me he'll put out a version on Monday.

Thx
Art

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2014, 06:36:46 AM »
Thanks Art

I will wait patiently but probably won't hold my breath.  ;D

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2014, 07:29:53 AM »
Come on, it's only Thursday. ;) Or is it Friday for you? :)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2014, 01:00:07 PM »
I'm told Todd will be uploading version 1888 shortly.., I've tested it for a few minutes on 1888 and all
seems well. There is still no way for you to set a frequency controlled spindle, Ill try to add that this week.

Art
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2014, 01:06:04 AM »
What version of Microsoft Visual Studio is Mach4 and Darwin written with?  I'm getting the dreaded Error 14001 which appears to be a failure to load the McDarwin.m4pw binary due to a missing share library.  I need to install the MS Visual C++ redistribution package to fix it.

-Freeman
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2014, 01:49:03 AM »
What version of Microsoft Visual Studio is Mach4 and Darwin written with?  I'm getting the dreaded Error 14001 which appears to be a failure to load the McDarwin.m4pw binary due to a missing share library.  I need to install the MS Visual C++ redistribution package to fix it.

-Freeman

I found the answer.  Install the VC9 redistribution package.  It can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=29
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2014, 02:20:51 AM »
Does the Mach3 driver have to be disabled or removed?

I was able to install and see the plugin and driver in the Mach4Hobby directory.  When I run plugin configuration in Mach4 or the DarwinTest.exe from the zip directory and use the same port as my running Mach3, none of feedback that's shown in video happens.  I select the same port, I enable it, I answer the prompt, and then try toggling any of the limit switches, probes, or estop and none of the leds toggle on the screen.

I went back to Mach3 and ran it and everything works.  What am I missing?  I did notice the the Mach3 driver was installed along side the Darwin driver in the device manager.  Is that appropriate?  Should the Mach4 configuration see the parallel port even though the Mach3 driver is installed?

-Freeman

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2014, 03:14:51 AM »
Does the Mach3 driver have to be disabled or removed?

No, it does not have to be removed or disabled.

I was able to install and see the plugin and driver in the Mach4Hobby directory.  When I run plugin configuration in Mach4 or the DarwinTest.exe from the zip directory and use the same port as my running Mach3, none of feedback that's shown in video happens.  I select the same port, I enable it, I answer the prompt, and then try toggling any of the limit switches, probes, or estop and none of the leds toggle on the screen.

As well as configuring inputs port and pin in Darwin you also need to configure inputs in Mach4 (mapping enabled, device 'parallel0' etc.).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2014, 08:44:21 AM »
Hi Guys:

As tweaky says, there is no problem installing Darwin and Mach3 on the same machine. In fact they are very similar in their code. They do have a different
GUID's so they will share a machine. YOu do need the vs9 runtime, if you install the Gearotic demo from Gearotic.com the appropriate files will be installed,
or you can simly download the vcredist_x86 files from microsoft.

Darwin uses a DLL as its intermediary , unlike Mach3. Thats why the redist has to be installed. Watch the video on its setup carefully, you should be able to duplicate
pretty much everythign I do onscreen. If problems develop Ill do another video to show changes Ive made. Darwin can control PWM spindles, Ill turn on frequency spindles
shortly in the code as well. Please report your experiences, both good and bad so I can complete it prior to Mach4's release date.

Good luck
Art

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2014, 10:04:09 PM »
hi art got Darwin work very well on xp with new release of Darwin and M4 found there was a problem with the new release of Darwin the DarwinDLL is wrong put the DarwinDLL from the first release and all is working now.
also the problem with no tool path display is still there it is the only problem I have found so far other than that its still better than M3