Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:42:30 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243730 times)

Offline peu

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #480 on: August 26, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »
Pablo:

As of last nights version, yes, it is turned on. Set the MPG count and encoder number and it will send a message each time the increment is
equal or more than detent.

Sorry for the late reply...

Art, after asking Scott for a proper license for the router computer (the PC I had in file was not the router one) I started to configure everything using both latest darwin and M4.

Managed to move and home all axis on port 1 and also configured the pendant on port 2 with the axis and multiplier selectors, also the MPG and a couple extra buttons I have.

On the config plugin I test every signal and it works as expected, the MPG counts back and forth nicely.

GOOD WORK ART!

Now I need a little orientation on how to assign each pendant signal to its intended use, on M3 I associated each signal to a hotkey and the MPG was configured via its specific menu. Im still very green regarding M4.

Pablo

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 27, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »
Hi All:

Here is a version of Darwin with an installer. This is not an update, but simply an installer for easier
use.

Art
« Reply #482 on: August 27, 2014, 05:05:57 PM »
Art,

I now have the z axis functioning correctly from within M4. I never figured out what the problem was but a reinstall of Mach4 and Darwin worked.

On the ports control page why would pin 17 (used for the charge pump) blink? When I by mistake had charge pump1 hooked to pin 1 that light blinked. When I mapped it to pin 17 then 17 blinks. Is this anything to worry about?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 27, 2014, 06:20:48 PM »
Hi:

Any signal will blink if it has a fequency set to it, a Charge pump usually does ..

Art
« Reply #484 on: August 28, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
Hi Art,

Not being a computer expert in any sense, it was with some trepidation that I installed Mach4 and Darwin on my Mach3 machine. Alas all is not well and Darwin seems to be flat-lining and in need of a medic. Attached is a screen shot of the Darwin driver test. I have tried using the installer and I get the same response. It seems strange that there is no version number. Both Mach4 and Darwin are licensed. The computer has very little on it, not connected to the internet and uses XP Pro.

Mike

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 28, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
Hi Mike:

Fear not, its not a serious situation , the driver simply didnt load. Im not sure why. Did your install tell you to reboot after installing?

I doubt very much you have the driver installed. First, this is a 32 bit XP, right? 64 bit wont work..

If it is 32 bit...

Open your control panel, select add hardware and after it searches, pick "Yes, I have installed.".  Then pick "Add new Hardware Device" form the menu. Then select "Install hardware I manually select". Then select "Show all devices"

Select Have Disk... Browse to the folder with the files Darwin.sys and darwin.inf in it. Select Darwin.inf and press OK.. it should load the driver that way or give you an error. THEN REBOOT if it loads. Do not attempt to run MAch4 or you will crash. If the driver loads you need a reboot if its the first time youve loaded
mach3 or darwin on this machine. If youve run mach3 with a printer port, no reboot is required..

Art

« Reply #486 on: August 28, 2014, 12:53:26 PM »
OK, thanks Art, we are getting somewhere. Driver now seems to be working somewhat but I have no slider for the frequency and the Driver Test does not keep the port address. My port address is 0x387 but it keeps returning to your default each time I run the test. I have noticed there are two instances of the driver test program, one in the C:\Mach4hobby folder and one in C:\Mach4Hobby\Plugins\DarwinDriver

Mike

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 28, 2014, 03:20:37 PM »
Mike:

Drivcer test will not remember anything, to store changes you have to configure it in Mach4.
SO nwo that the driver is running, try Mach4 and select the pp as your motion device, then configure it..

Art
« Reply #488 on: August 28, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »
Thanks Art, but any idea why I cannot see the frequency slider?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 28, 2014, 03:34:25 PM »
Mike:

I have heard of that, and Ive had it go away on me too and then show up again. Its an issue with a graphic control I use. Im looking into it
, its only a display issue, it actually works and changes the numbers. If you have a hardware acceleration control, turn it down a notch, that can help,
also make sure your video driver is up to date. Im still trying to get it to do that to me so I can kill it..

Art