Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:14:21 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243692 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #850 on: October 23, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »
Hi Art:

Good work. That seems to fix the over runs here. Although I get a Darwin License error -31 on the diagnostics line. Even so it keeps working.  I'll do some testing tomorrow.

Thanks

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 24, 2015, 07:51:47 AM »
Hi Sage:

I got that error too, but then I was too lazy to redownload my license.. I fgured it changed again. Let me know if the license issue shows up after
a redownload. Ive found I need a new license from time to time..

Art

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 24, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »
Hi Art:

The new Darwin License fixed that issue.
Wow. Now that I can see it working - very impressive. Cudos to the development team. I see a couple of small issues but I'll do some more playing around and put them together after it's officially released.
Good work  :D

Oh. BTW. Not sure if it was the license, Darwin or another fix in Mach itself but the "Ref all Home" works now too.

Thanks
Sage

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 25, 2015, 04:10:29 AM »
hi art still can't get M4 to run on my xp computer I already had CV runtimes for VS2013 I am trying to find what can make it work I might be flogging a dead horses. Darwin works fine, gearotic does not work still
I installed VS2010 to see if that would help no go.

if you have any idea or something I can try other wise its going in the bin and I will just get a pokeys board and use one of my laptops

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 25, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »
Hi:

Both Gearotic and M4 shoudl work if the VC runtime for vs2013 is applied. At worst, just install both VS2008 and vs2013 runtimes, but if that doesnt make it work,
then somethign else is stopping you. Id suispect the video card driver, both M4 and Gearotic are users of OpenGL and that is sometimes very restricted
to video drivers beign up to date. Darwin doesnt use OpenGL.. but it DOES use vs2013 runtime, so if it works, Id suspect your video driver. What exactly is the
error you get?

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: October 25, 2015, 08:46:26 AM »
>>and I will just get a pokeys board and use one of

I like them as well, and will be releaseing a motion controller based on Pokeys soon..

Art
« Reply #856 on: October 25, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »
The license issue is really pinging my memory though, make sure its not just the license in latest version..

Art

Hi Art
It was me all along I finally got back to it, I didn't register the new licensing right sorry for the long wait I can't work on my cnc unless its above 40 degrees because ma ma doesn't like camping any colder than 40  degrees and we camp a lot with the kids. But everything is working great! Thanks again.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 25, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »
hi art I cant rember what openGL version I have but it is the highest you can go with win XP, before you all changed to VS2013 everything worked then nothing, you changed something with Darwin it now works but M4 Gearotic nup. I have done everything suggested anyone with win xp is to do.

I will double check the openGL then if it's on the highest and the graphic card is set to work with it, I will bin it and move on with getting a pokeys board not sure what one yet more than likely the 57E since you motion controller will work with it or M4, M3 work with the pokey`s

I post this on Yahoo group see if anyone there has a suggestion

DanL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 25, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »
Might want to consider rebuilding the program for an earlier version of OpenGL. 2.0 seems to be the pivot point and a good balance between older pcs and newer PCs.

NOW IF you could get everyone to upgrade to new pcs and cards and drivers and OS  the newer ver would not be a problem (;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 25, 2015, 07:09:58 PM »
what I found is you can still make programs to run on Xp and above in VS2012, 2013 and 2015 you just have to have it set to run from .net 4.0 and below  and have vcredist_x86.exe for the version of VS installed and openGL not sure yet on that one that's tomorrow's task, Arts more than likely correct that it`s the openGL drivers stopping it working. in a couple of years this won't be a problems everyone would of upgraded.
if I can`t get to run tomorrow that it for winXP for me spent to much time on it.