Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:56:26 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1243708 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #460 on: August 22, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »
Ryan:

If the motor isnt enabled, then it shouldnt move. Unless something points to its step pin, it should stay still..
Ill keep my eyes open for what might cause that..

Art

« Reply #461 on: August 22, 2014, 08:21:04 PM »
Art,

I was able to get all the motors moving as they should - in the process I built an LED panel to make it easier to see the appropriate LEDs as my BoB is upside down under my table inside an old PC case, so was hard to see using a mirror under the table :/-

Initially, I had expected that the step LEDs should all be lit.  But it turned out they were not.  After some trial and error, I figured out that I had to negate the step settings for each port.  With that done, all LEDs for step are now lit. Now expecting that the step signals were coming through correctly, I expected things to work, and as expected all motors now move.  I also negated the Dir settings for each as well to get the motors moving in the right direction. :)  Glad the world can't see into my shop, as I had to do the happy dance for just a brief moment.  Now to limits and homing, and then  on proper motor timing.  Maybe some saw dust after that.

Thanks again for the advice and encouragement Art.

Trent

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 22, 2014, 08:30:13 PM »
Hi Trent:

>>I was able to get all the motors moving as they should - in the process I built an LED panel to make it easier to see the appropriate LEDs as my BoB is upside down under my table inside an old PC case, so was hard to see using a mirror under the table :/-

I understand, mine is a bitch as well.. :)

>>Initially, I had expected that the step LEDs should all be lit.  But it turned out they were not.  After some trial and error, I figured out that I had to >>negate the step settings for each port.  With that done, all LEDs for step are now lit. Now expecting that the step signals were coming through correctly, >>I expected things to work, and as expected all motors now move.  I also negated the Dir settings for each as well to get the motors moving in the right 

Some driver require a high on that led, others require a low, negating as a test is a good diagnostic .. but the most important diagnostic was the
drive to keep hacking.. well done! :)

Art

Thanks again for the advice and encouragement Art.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 23, 2014, 12:59:09 PM »
Hi All:

Yet another version of darwin for those with slaved axis. This will stop an exception that occured
with slaves.

Plugin only changed in this version from last. This is plugin 1.17

Thx
Art
« Reply #464 on: August 23, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
  "Yet another version of darwin for those with slaved axis. This will stop an exception that occured
with slaves. "

Hey Art, If we don't use slaved axises, do you still recomend that we install the latest version of Darwin?

Thanks Dave

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 23, 2014, 01:38:23 PM »
Dave:

Shouldnt be any reason to, its the only change and it isnt triggered unless one has slaved axis.. so I htink your
OK to skip it.

Thx
Art
www.gearotic.com
« Reply #466 on: August 23, 2014, 04:22:49 PM »
Hey Art, here are 2 of my history files.... I did not change any settings between them... on history1 the leds that turn on in diagnostics are the X++ limit, the Xhome and ref changes to green and I can't jog... if I disable and enable again it changes the ref to red again and i can jog off the switch.

on history2 the leds in diagnostics that come on are the X++ limit and the Xhome and the ref stays red. it tripps the estop and I can renable and it lets me jog off the switch.

other times it seems like I can referance it and all works right. could this be an issue with noise I tried to use the debounce but it won't save that setting.

Thanks Dave

history1

Axis 0 Estop capability disabled for homing
Axis Homing begins on Axis 0
Home switch X Home tripped!
Limit switch X ++ tripped!
Axis 0  Homed with 5 steps decel after switch
All Homing Complete

history2

Axis 0 Estop capability disabled for homing
Axis 0 Estop capability re-enabled after homing
Axis Homing begins on Axis 0
Darwin Calls for EStop.
Home switch X Home tripped!
Limit switch X ++ tripped!
Signal 5 set to 0
Warning::EStop signal inhibited for XHome till cleared

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 23, 2014, 04:32:52 PM »
Hi Dave:
 OK, a couple questions..cuz that all looks fairly good.

1) What happens if the X++ limits are turned off in Mach?
2) upgrade darwins plugin the one published this afternoon, it has a message not appearing in this history.

It may be noise, if it homes OK much of the time that makes sense. I wasnt
aware that wouldnt save, Ill fix that right away..

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 23, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
Hi Guys:

This version saves the debounce settings in case your system has noise.

Thx
Art
« Reply #469 on: August 23, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »
Art,

If I disable the limits in mach4 it seems to home everytime and I can jog off the switch no problems. I forgot to mention I did not have the X-- limit enabled at all.

and this is the 1.18 version of Darwin ..... the config plugin window says 1.160 and in Darwin it show 1.11 and version 1.18

Thanks Dave