Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:00:39 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1245668 times)

Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »
I use Static GUI which is the icon you lost.  Go into Mach4hobby directory, right click on wxMach.exe and select create shortcut.  Drag the shortcut to your desktop or to where ever you want it.

MachGUI.exe will go straight into the program without asking you what profile to use.  I think it uses the default profile.

I don't remember what I chose for a screenset from the options that will be presented.  I would probably go with wxMach.set.  It's the latest one.  I fully expect to be using a custom screenset down the road aways.  At this point consistency is probably most important through the testing phases.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:39:10 PM by pbarratt »
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »
Gerry,

Sorry for the delay.  I wanted to run downstairs and check before I answered.  Yes, I'm using 1936.

Peter
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2014, 10:57:11 PM »
Sage,

Just for chuckles, I tried creating a new test profile using a screen set from my M3 collection.  M4 didn't complain but when I opened it, it looked just like the same M4 sceen set we've been using.  I suspect M4 won't let you load a different screen set yet.

Peter

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 20, 2014, 01:00:06 AM »
To stop M4 freezing when you push the spindle button on screen remove all macros from the macros folder not the lua one just m3, m4, m5, don't know about m6.

when you make any small changes close and restart M4 it stops any hang ups.

if you do any major changes do a reboot it does not seem to crash when I do it this way if I don't do it it does lock up the computer.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2014, 01:02:53 AM »
forgot to add when I change versions of Darwin I have to completely remove all of it of the computer first this could just be my computer being a old fart

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #435 on: August 20, 2014, 07:11:38 AM »
Sage,

Just for chuckles, I tried creating a new test profile using a screen set from my M3 collection.  M4 didn't complain but when I opened it, it looked just like the same M4 sceen set we've been using.  I suspect M4 won't let you load a different screen set yet.

Peter

Mach4 can't load Mach3 screens. But you can change to a different Mach4 screenset, if you create a new one.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 20, 2014, 08:04:59 AM »
Hi All:

I dont think freezing issues are Darwin related. At least I havent seen any that were. I highly suspect more reported
issues are script related at this point. M3,M4, and M5 dont work because the scripts arent designed to actually do anything,
at least on my versions.I think youll have to wait for the full release versions for proper scripting, or as users play with various
plugins as they get released youll see scripts being written and tested.
   I guess as Darwin is the first plugin to be seen by the masses I think its done pretty well and at least helped to identify some
of the shortcomings of the API which will get corrected as time goes by. M4 doesnt for example tell a plugin if a signal is low active
or high active, it just send a 1 or 0 to the signal. While that may work on some systems, I think its important for the plugin to KNOW
this is an ON condition which happens to be a 0, or a OFF condition that happens to be a high. Im sure such things will change over
time as these shortcomings are found. Ill let Darwin sleep for a short while now while others test and report, and the M4 team get
things more ramped up. Gearotic's new CAM modules are calling me and my laser is getting close to experimenting level, so
forgive me if I disappear for a bit, Ill answer questions and such as they appear but I think Ill leave development of Darwin alone till
it all catches up to me. :)

Art

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 20, 2014, 10:09:37 AM »
Thanks Art for all the great work and effort you have put into sorting the software problems and educating us all on how to configure our systems and set up for using Mach4. You need to be getting on with that laser (and the grayscale plugin of course).

I am also very interested in following your CAM development for GM - it can't be far away now that the buttons are operational on the GUI.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2014, 10:35:55 AM »
Art,

Thank you very much.  Go have fun on something else for a while.

Gerry,

Thank you for the reply.  I need to spend a few hours going through the M4 forum topics that aren't related to Darwin.  Like how do I design a screen set.  I know how for M3 but haven't started yet for M4 and I don't want to bother folks with questions already answered.  Status of M4, etc.  Should keep me occupied for a while.   :)

Peter

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 21, 2014, 01:08:26 AM »
Hi art what ever you did to Darwin has made it better I can run it faster ya.
one thing I have to recalibrate the spindle when I had a call for 18000 rpm it went 28000 rpm it should have been around 16000 rpm its not a problem it just something i through you would wont to know.

thanks for your help art keep up the good work.