Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:23:11 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 498875 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #380 on: May 31, 2015, 09:03:21 AM »
Not publicly available.
From the Yahoo Group:
is there a change log anywhere?....................

The SVN server has all that data.. I don't think we put that out for public consumption. some of the comments are a little colorful LOL.

Thanks
Brian
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 31, 2015, 05:05:16 PM »
there no change log of use to see
« Reply #382 on: May 31, 2015, 11:19:07 PM »
I'm running build 2472 and am unable to get limit sensors in Mach4 to work with an ESS and C25 BOB.  The issue is that Mach4 and the ESS conflict in their reading of the switches state and if I get them to agree, I still have no motion.  

I have 2 active low limit switches that I am connecting to my X axis as X-- and X++ limits.  I have added them to Port 2, pins 2 and 3 and selected Active Low in the ESS.  Port 2, Pins 2-9 are set as inputs in the ESS (and that is the only supported config of the C25 on port 2).  I have confirmed by measuring the voltage at the BOB that the inputs are 5V until tripped and then they are ~100mV.  When in the ESS diagnostics the limit switch inputs are unchecked until they are tripped (as they should be).  However in the Mach diagnostics (default screen), the two limit switches are lit up as though they are tripped and go out when the limits are actually tripped (opposite what is expected).  Although Warp9 specifically says NOT to set the active low in Mach4, I have even tried that.  Even though the display in the Mach4 diagnostics are now correct at that point the machine doesn't move when jogging.  When the active low setting is off in Mach and Mach shows the limit switches tripped, no axis move and the X axis reports that you can's move towards a limit.  I have a solid green light (and no red) on the ESS as I did before adding the limit sensors.

If it helps, the first line in my history shows "ESS: Limit hit" and when jogging away or another axis the Machine State shows "Jogging", but the DRO's don't change and the machine doesn't move.  The diagnostic logging shows: "2015-05-31 23:00:43.168 - API: mcJogIncStart() called. Axis 0, inc = -1.000000" for each jog, but no other information.  After every configuration change I have exited Mach and restarted it.    

I have tried connecting just one, or using the 5V source on the C25 and every other permutation I can think of with the same results.

Has any one else experienced this or have any suggestions? Hopefully I'm just missing something?

I did see a Youtube video by DaztheGaz where he has limits connected to his ESS and they appear to be working.

Thanks!
« Reply #383 on: June 01, 2015, 10:52:45 PM »
there no change log of use to see

PMDX now has a Release Notes Log file that describes  each new build of Mach4.

This file includes lots of items that are only significant to developers so don't be
overwhelmed by it. The file can be seen here:

http://www.pmdx.com/Downloads_Mach4/Mach4_Hobby_Releases/Mach4Hobby%20build-release-notes.txt

We also make available our archive of previous builds of the Mach4 installer:

http://www.pmdx.com/Downloads_Mach4/Mach4_Hobby_Releases/
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #384 on: June 02, 2015, 12:45:10 AM »
Way to go Mr. Stallings! PMDX to the rescue! Now that's what I call customer service  ;D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:48:12 AM by Screwie Louie »
« Reply #385 on: June 02, 2015, 12:47:51 AM »
Has anybody noticed when entering and exiting Edit Screens their "Main tabs" panel keeps dropping from the top by a value of 6 then 26 then 36 or something whereas you have to constantly resize and format your panels? Just wonderin...

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2015, 12:55:46 AM »
its a random bug I have had it a couple of times
« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2015, 07:35:32 AM »
Has anybody noticed when entering and exiting Edit Screens their "Main tabs" panel keeps dropping from the top by a value of 6 then 26 then 36 or something whereas you have to constantly resize and format your panels? Just wonderin...

I get that too ...I've just gotten used to making sure the screen is up all the way and to the left when I open the screen editor .... if not I move it close the screen editor without saving and re-open it.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »
Steve THANKS for the List.  It is a BIG help .

(;-) TP
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2015, 08:27:52 AM »
I'm running build 2472 and am unable to get limit sensors in Mach4 to work with an ESS and C25 BOB.  The issue is that Mach4 and the ESS conflict in their reading of the switches state and if I get them to agree, I still have no motion. 

I have 2 active low limit switches that I am connecting to my X axis as X-- and X++ limits.  I have added them to Port 2, pins 2 and 3 and selected Active Low in the ESS.  Port 2, Pins 2-9 are set as inputs in the ESS (and that is the only supported config of the C25 on port 2).  I have confirmed by measuring the voltage at the BOB that the inputs are 5V until tripped and then they are ~100mV.  When in the ESS diagnostics the limit switch inputs are unchecked until they are tripped (as they should be).  However in the Mach diagnostics (default screen), the two limit switches are lit up as though they are tripped and go out when the limits are actually tripped (opposite what is expected).  Although Warp9 specifically says NOT to set the active low in Mach4, I have even tried that.  Even though the display in the Mach4 diagnostics are now correct at that point the machine doesn't move when jogging.  When the active low setting is off in Mach and Mach shows the limit switches tripped, no axis move and the X axis reports that you can's move towards a limit.  I have a solid green light (and no red) on the ESS as I did before adding the limit sensors.

If it helps, the first line in my history shows "ESS: Limit hit" and when jogging away or another axis the Machine State shows "Jogging", but the DRO's don't change and the machine doesn't move.  The diagnostic logging shows: "2015-05-31 23:00:43.168 - API: mcJogIncStart() called. Axis 0, inc = -1.000000" for each jog, but no other information.  After every configuration change I have exited Mach and restarted it.   

I have tried connecting just one, or using the 5V source on the C25 and every other permutation I can think of with the same results.

Has any one else experienced this or have any suggestions? Hopefully I'm just missing something?

I did see a Youtube video by DaztheGaz where he has limits connected to his ESS and they appear to be working.

Thanks!

I tried changing the input pins on the C25/ESS from Port 2, pins 2 and 3 to pins 10 and 11 and it works.  My guess is there is an issue because these pins could be inputs or outputs.