Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:44:09 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 497372 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Mach 4 Bug Reports
« on: May 02, 2014, 02:59:45 PM »
Lets use this topic to post any bugs we find in Mach 4. Lets keep this topic clean and to the point. This will be a list for Brain and Steve to work from. If you will list the operating system you are using and the steps or any other relevant information (Gcode, etc.) necessary to replicate the behavior you perceive as a bug that would go a long way in helping them narrow it down.

Thanks,
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »
Issue install, opened once and than did not open. Will not install in C Drive but will in D.

Computer is running a Phenom 3 (number of cores) 64 bit with Windows 7 Pro 64bit Os and 4GB of RAM with an additional boast of 2GB.

With instructions will gladly do what is need to have a complete clean install to continue testing. The computer that Mach4 will be running on is a Athlon 64 running the same OS and also 4GB RAM.

Opened it up was looking through it in detail and liked what I saw. Closed it to go to bed and look at it today and will not respond. Unistalled from inside the program folder options and re-installed, no joy. Tried again in C drive and got an error for not being able to open/install Mach4GUI.exe. From what I am reading IF Smoothstepper writes a plugin for the ESS this is going to truly make things interesting for control and increase in signal quality (coupled with a PMDX-126 board and digital drives this could get very interesting indeed).

Thanks for the work and will help as able. Michael

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
Open task manager and kill the hung Mach4GUI.exe process.

Offline Calum

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 08:31:35 PM »
I have my profile configured for metric and notice the feed rate is still in inches, needs a conversion.

Calum
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 07:40:55 AM »
Open task manager and kill the hung Mach4GUI.exe process.

Yes, did that first thing on the first time it was not responding. Will try again and see if I can get a route trace on it. Thanks for the quick reply. One other area I should state is been using/building computers since before 98SE with industry use starting in '91. This is only to give a bit more back ground. There is still areas of software that i am good at finding issues and following directions but bad on tracking down on my own. -Michael

Edit: I did a file search and cleared all files that I could with Mach4 from the computer including the download. Re-downloaded Mach4 from site and installed in drive D (C still causing issues) and had it load drivers and open without issue this time. Will update once I have shut off computer and rebooted later today or tomorrow. Hopefully the issues will not repeat. - Michael
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:54:20 AM by m.marino »
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 09:52:59 AM »
Post your machine profile folder in a zip file please and we will have something to check out for the mm stuff. Heck I think anyone that wants to post here should do that so we can have something to test and debug..  If have Gcode files please post them as well.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »
Smurph and anyone interested,

When I closed Mach4 I made sure to end the MachGUI process in Task manager. Than I was able to re-open without issue.I than tried to see what was need to get Mach NOT to leave a process open after closing. Easy, disable Mach first and all process shut down when you close it. So that makes for a simple set of instructions for proper shut down that I can put down for future use and for teaching anyone how to properly use Mach4 (I consult small business on CNC equipment and unfortunately 3D printing as well). Nice set up so far. On to finding the next issue or non issue. -Michael

Offline Calum

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 07:52:36 PM »
As requested attached is my profile and a Gcode file, Blank Outlines V2-2.nc, I have been using for my testing.  This will show the feed rate in inches while the profile is set to metric.

BTW I notice that the "Show Tool Path Limits" on the Tool Path tab of Configuration is not sticky>

Calum
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 04:05:39 AM »
Recent File entries not working with long strings

Description:
When loading G code files with filename length > 80 characters, the file will load successfully. Clicking Recent File button later will fail, if full path and filename is longer than 80 characters, because path is stripped after 80th character.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 04:08:55 AM »
Lua wizards opened during Mach4 session will kept open when closing Mach4.

(this may be a bug or a nice-to-have feature)