Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:08:51 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 498099 times)

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #320 on: April 06, 2015, 06:54:13 PM »

The 'gauge' screen item does not seem to work at all. 

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 06, 2015, 06:57:44 PM »

Mach4 screen editor crashes when a few items are deleted.

Upon restart, sometimes the last couple edits are there and sometimes not.

It is completely random, so no clues to provide.

Win7 Pro 64bit

Offline Bronk

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 06, 2015, 09:18:53 PM »
setting the home speeds in ESS did work. However if I try homing 3x in a row then Mach logs up with sometimes a warning about a bad MDI state.
May seem like an odd thing to do but I was looking for a quick way to test home switch repeatability.

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2015, 11:59:30 AM »

Modbus diagnostic window will not close while Modbus is running.
« Reply #324 on: April 20, 2015, 12:56:05 PM »
This may be a bug
I have a 3020 engraver, working with Darwin and M4 on an XP machine.  The engraver has no home switches. 
I have all three axis jogging in the correct direction..  From the home position i have established.   When I enable soft limits on the program screen , X and Y behave correctly. and stop at the designated place.  Z is not behaving.   The jog buttons reverse with the switch on, I jog negative(down) and the motor goes up...... Turn the switch off and normalcy returns...
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2015, 11:02:45 AM »
Having a problem when switching display units.  Once I enable Mach 4 after start up, I cannot then disable, configure Mach 4 for the other (metric to inch or inch to metric) then re enable Mach and have the displayed units correct.  In other words, when Mach 4 is once enabled, you cannot change the displayed units without restarting Mach.  This is NOT the setup, just the display units.

As a side note, I notice that about 5 seconds after opening the mach configuration screen, the Mach screen behind it repaints.  No changes to the content that I can see.  Maybe a clue?

Peter

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2015, 12:10:49 AM »
I was looking for a way to change jog mode in the "Mach4CoreAPI" document set for

mcJogGetFollowMode

and received "This page can't be displayed"  ...see attached.
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2015, 04:19:45 PM »
I discovered an interesting issue with Mach4 and the latest plugin for the Ethernet SmoothStepper.  In some cases when starting MACH4, it does not find the ESS.  You can verify this by clicking on the diagnostic tab for the Plugin and you will see nothing gets filled in, which is identical to what happens when your firewall is not open to the MACH4 GUI.  Keep in mind many times when you start this works, just not 100% consistent.  The interesting issue is if you unplug the parallel cable which goes to a breakout board which feeds Panasonic amplifiers for the Panasonic servos, suddenly the motors on the CNC table start moving the table around and I have to kill the power.  Seems like many steps are being held in a buffer somewhere and unplugging the parallel cable from the ESS suddenly allows the drives to start moving the motors, very strange.  When things come up normally, MACH4 moves all the motors  perfectly, all homing works, and Gcode executes.  Next is to work on the pendant using POKEYs and Spindle control of the Huanyang VFD.  I have not seen anyone post getting a modified version of modbus working with Huanyang products.  Thanks

Russ Larson

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2015, 07:58:24 AM »
Using an input to control a button does work.

I used input #0 to control the <Enable/Disable> button.  It appeared to work on the surface and Mach 4 appeared to change states.  I tested the jogging function after and it did not work.  Using the screen <Enable/Disable> button and the jogging function now works.

What was the purpose of allowing an external input to change the state of a button if it does not change the state of the function the button controls?

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 15, 2015, 08:05:47 AM »
WARNING!!!!!

If you have physical switches tied to your jogging inputs and you touch a switch prior to enabling Mach 4 the motors will start moving and not stop!!!!!!

Type of controller: ESS