Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:52:28 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 498129 times)

Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2014, 02:53:43 AM »
I'm seeing the same CPU load issue being 100% jogging  axis motors with Mach 4 build 1914. Using the latest Darwin PP plugin as motion

device. Computer is Dell Optiplex GX270. ATI Radeon 9550 with 256Mb video RAM. 3GB system RAM. Windows XP SP3.

Computer runs Mach 3 on 2 PP very well never any issues.

Eric
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2014, 07:23:45 AM »
I have verified that there is a CPU overload problem with Mach 4 1914 that causes jerky motor movement when jogging. I downloaded and installed Mach 4 1900 over 1914 and that fixed the problem. I ran a simple gcode program and the CPU usage was low and the motors ran very smoothly just like Mach 3. Using Darwin 1.11 for motion controller. See the video for the results.

Eric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLMM0NiwlY
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2014, 08:39:48 AM »
Not really a bug I guess...

But could someone tell me why mach4 won't respect the Accell/Decell set on the motor tuning graphs? I guess that the planner is not fully configured yet...

Also I see lots of jagged lines on the ran path...

I'm guessing these details haven't been polished yet.

regards,
cheech
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2014, 03:54:55 AM »
Hi All
Is it possible to tick the VBO setting before starting Mach 4 as I cannot get past connecting toolpaths.
No matter what I click before then.
Hopefully Graham
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2014, 09:20:10 AM »
@GRAYHILL

anywhere under [Preferences] section in your Machine.ini try adding this.

DisableVboToolPath=1

« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »
Dazed+Confused
On my laptop doing what you say starts Mach 4 with VBO pre ticked from a previously non ticked state but still with no MDI or toolpath display except for program run screen.

Makes no difference on my old Dell 2400 still stalls on connecting tool paths.

Thanks very much it was a shot in the dark to avoid buying a new computer for my workshop.

Graham
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2014, 01:05:58 AM »
Mach 4 Build 1936

When using a Lua Panel, the initial size is set by the screen editor.  When panel resized, when the Mach 4 is loaded or resized, the Lua Panel (as pointed to by mcLuaPanelParent) does not resize appropriately.

To test, drop a Lua Panel into a screen set.  Insert the code below as the script property of the Lua Panel. Use your own image, set the size of the Lua Panel smaller than your image to force it to crop.  My image was 380x380 pixels, my panel is 350x350 px. Exit the screen editor to cause Mach 4 to resize the contents of the screen set. 

Note that image is cropped to the initial size of the Lua Panel, and is surrounded on the left and bottom by blank space.  Clicking on the image causes the onLeftUP() event handler to fire and show the X/Y coordinates of the click.  Clicking outside of the image, in the solid blank area, returns no feed back.

Code: [Select]

local panel = mcLuaPanelParent

function onPaint (event)
    local dc = wx.wxPaintDC(panel);

local image = wx.wxImage();
    if (not image:LoadFile('./screens/MyStdMill/images/MSM_Probe_1.png', wx.wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG)) then
        wx.wxLogError("Could not load image from '%s'!", imagePath);
        dc:delete();
        return;
    end

--image:Resize(panel.getSize());

local bitmap = wx.wxBitmap(image);

dc:DrawBitmap (bitmap, 0,0, true);

dc:delete ();
end

function onLeftUp (event)
    local mouseX = event:GetX();
    local mouseY = event:GetY();

wx.wxMessageBox("LEFT CLICK - X: "..tostring(mouseX)..", Y: "..tostring(mouseY));
end

function onSize (event)
    local size = panel.getSize();

wx.wxMessageBox('Width: %d, Height: %d', size.getWidth(), size.getHeight());

event:skip();
end

-- connect the paint event handler function with the paint event
panel:Connect(wx.wxEVT_PAINT, onPaint)
panel:Connect(wx.wxEVT_LEFT_UP, onLeftUp);
panel:Connect(wx.wxEVT_SIZE, onSize);

-Freeman
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »
Mach 4 Build 1953

Will not run G code file or MDI motion. 1942 runs the same code no problem.
The Zero X, Y, Z and A boxes are greyed out also.

Scott

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »
Make sure the axes are enabled.  1953 runs fine so far from other reports.  So there is a problem with the config or something.

To further explain...  The Zero buttons are greyed out based on the availability of the axis.  Same with the jog buttons.  Since yours are greyed out, it makes me think that the axes are not enabled.  So check that out and see.

Steve
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2014, 08:26:57 AM »
M4 doesn't like the name of this file...  I get some nag screen and plus a nasty bug aferward... Filechooser looking all crippled... and some other esoteric manure

.dnc file wont upload...

the name of the file is: ff031 510 Gabriel Pedro Gonçalves_top.dnc

I think that the "ç" creates the issue...

regards,
Francisco