Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:10:27 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 498076 times)

Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2014, 05:10:19 AM »
Additional information on previous posting "Wrong handling of file operation result code":

The reason for not generating mcLua.mcc had been a wrong mcc file, which had been generated with an earlier (now outdated) Lua version. My bad!
Still, the error messages are there, although everything works now as intended.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2014, 01:32:58 PM »
Hi Again Steve,

I forgot to mention, that when you run the Modbus Diagnostic dialog, you can NOT close it UNLESS you push the "Stop Plugin" button... which forces you to close and reboot mach to get it running again........  The Exit, Red X etc. will NOT close the monitor window.  Further once you hit the Stop Plugin button, and you close the window, can you put in the Modbus-Config window a "Start" (or Restart), or a mc.mcStartMBPlugin or some such....

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
Ok, Update on the MB dialog not closing, Steve remoted in to see what I was seeing. He dropped a pearl, that the Serial MB was set to polling at 25ms, but the actual time to complete the poll was 460ms or so. He noted that the ques on the windows event where stacking up since the poll was not completed. So he set my Poll to 600ms, and since that was greater than the serial completion time, it now CLOSES like it should. I.e. via the Red X or Exit.

Further I had my Serial Speed set to 19, and I bumped it up to 38 so it now completes faster, and I set the poll to 500ms to give me some wiggle room.
It now closes as it should every time.......

Thanks Steve!!
fun times
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »
Mach 4 build 1900

Steve I don't know if this has been reported yet,

When I change a property for a UI widget and click out by clicking on the screen being edited, the property value is assigned to the next UI component in the Screen Tree Manager.  If I click on another property field, it gets assigned correctly.

-Freeman
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2014, 10:11:33 PM »
Mach 4 build 1900

When trying to save a screen set I inadvertently select "Save As".  When I cancel the "Save As" and then select the proper "Save Screen" option, Mach 4 crashes to the desktop - very rude.

-Freeman
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »
Rude, crude, and socially unacceptable.  We strive for it!  :)

Thanks, I will take a look.  Not much I can do about the property issue yet.  I knew about it, but I have not figured a way around it.  The save issue I can probably do something about. 

Steve
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »
Smurph
Can you let us know the minimum spec. for computors to run Mach 4.

Ger21
What is the spec. of your XP computor running Mach 4.

Still not going on either of mine properly.

Graham

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »
Athlon X2 4400 - Dual Core 2.2Ghz
Geforce 9800GT video card
2Gb RAM
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2014, 07:22:06 PM »
I have Mach 4 running on my old Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz with the last gen ATI AGP video card.  4 Gigs of mem.  Mach 4 will run on that without issue.

I also have Mach 4 running on my Atom based D2700MUD board.  This board has the Intel GMA-3650 video chip set and it is not a great performer.  I thought I would buy this board and put Linux on it and that it would be sufficient.  But there are no video drivers for Linux and the GMA-3650 and there never will be.  The ONLY operating system that is supported on this board is Windows 7 32.  Although I'm not real happy about the D2700MUD board, it will run Mach 4.  The video is just not as snappy as I would like it to be.

The only minimum spec we just have to have is a video chip set that is capable of at least OpenGL 1.5 to use the Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO) tool path.  However, I put an old PCI video card in that old Pentium 4 box (above) that only supported OpenGL 1.1 and I got it to work with the config switch to turn off VBO tool path.  

And I actually got Mach 4 running in a virtual machine too.  VMWare Workstation version 7.  It mimics OpenGL 1.1 too.  Although OpenGL is supported in that VM, it is not good.  The tool path is clunky and would not be good for a real machine's controller.  So that brings me to my next point: Just because the specs say it will do OpenGL x.x doesn't mean it will do it well.  

Any machine that runs CAD well will run Mach 4 well.  

Things to stay away from:

1.  Integrated video chip sets.  Some are good.  But it depends on how the MB manufacture implements them.  I have seen the GMA-4500 work well on one board and not on another.  They are a gamble.  Are you lucky?
2.  RealTek integrated Ethernet controllers.  Pure junk.  No transmit capabilities.  For people with external Ethernet based controllers like ESS, HiCON, and Galil, etc...  this combo is just not going to work well.

Steve

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2014, 03:44:06 AM »
Hi Steve,

I know you are very busy and I am sorry to bother you with another question;

Will Mach4 incorporate a command set (similar to the Mach3 M11P1 / M10P1 or E1P1 / E1P0) which is capable of switching an Output on / off at the exact time of an axis movement for us laser users ?

Tweakie.
PEACE