Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:53:23 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 498049 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2014, 01:42:12 PM »
I will move stuff to the default "macros" folder under the profile to see if the default file locaton makes a difference....
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
well, no matter what, I have tried, at least for me, F11 no-worky... 
so, F5 with breakpoints it is........ I have even done a bone stock OEM M4 with freash install, and still crashes the McLua interpreter..... It may be it just no-worky with W8.1 (64bit), or maybe it is just the Ecno-Rays reflecting off my Tin-Foil Hat, from the Giant Grey Space Ants that it causing it to crash...

oh, well...

Scott
fun times

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2014, 04:46:36 AM »
   . . . .. . .  from the Giant Grey Space Ants that it causing it to crash...

You know, it would have been nice if you mentioned the GSA (Grey Space Ants) right at the outset. GGSA interference is right there in the Lua docs. You can shield against GSA, but after they move thru the power lines outside town, and quadruple in size becoming GGSA . . . no good . . they gotta go. Call the ARMY. Tell them to send at least two jeeps, one bazooka and a Walkie Talkie. Couple extra grunts for Ant Fodder is helpful. Oh yeah and they should all be in Black and White.  

Moving on to Win8. I tried that guy when the trial version was released. Took it back off pretty quick and purchased another Win7pro. I'd be inclined to blame Win8 for everything and anything including global warming . . . .  except that others are having similar problems with Win7 and earlier.  Actually, Win8 did have one redeeming characteristic; the remote log-in is Uber fast and smooth. WAY better than Win7. You can run AutoCAD on a remote computer with Win8 and the response is equivalent to it being local. Very choppy with Win7.

Anyway, WIn8, couple of things come to mind that you might try;

I don't recall if Win8 has the 'compatibility mode' like Win7 pro. If it does, you might try setting the MACH4 compatibility to Win7 or earlier.  

With Win7 pro, Aero causes trouble with some apps, but it can be turned off. I do not recall of the WIN8 GUI can be turned off also, but if it can, you might try that. I do seem to remember Win8 having some sort of 'classic' look that can be turned on. Lua might like that better.

Of course, you'll need to address that Ant problem first.  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:50:59 AM by simpson36 »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2014, 06:20:11 AM »
I use "Classic Shell" it is a 5 dollar app that turns W8 into W7 as far a look and feel to, you have to spend about 3-4 hours going into mmc (another hack install), to turn off all the "Other stuff", and MS trying to force you to use the MS online log in sh!t. At any rate, at this point, I will just live with it, I have wasted far to much time on it at this point, for really no gain. I sure that Steve will figure out where the "Bad Binding" is like he finds other Bugs.... I mean GSA's....  Just call him the Orkin Man!

Scott
fun times
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
Just tried your first script on a Win 7 ultimate install over a Microsoft Remote Desktop connection from my mac.  I couldn't use F11/F10 because they are not passed through to the remote. I used F5 to set q breakpoint on line 7 I believe it was The call to the TestFunc(). Then I used the menu system to single step through the function. Real pain but it stepped all the way through and done.

Compilation successful!
Output: "C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcc"
Waiting for client connection...
Client connected ok.
At Breakpoint line: 4 file: C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcs
At Breakpoint line: 1 file: C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcs
At Breakpoint line: 6 file: C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcs
At Breakpoint line: 7 file: C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcs
At Breakpoint line: 2 file: C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcs
At Breakpoint line: 3 file: C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcs
At Breakpoint line: 4 file: C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcs
At Breakpoint line: 8 file: C:\Mach4Hobby\papa.mcs
Killed debuggee process 7984.
Debug session finished.
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2014, 01:46:27 PM »
Hi All
Just fiddling about with a program for no particular part.
Should this program end at x2.875 y0 for a .25 cutter for a 3inch dia circle.
Graham

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Problem with storing WIZARDS in mach4
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2014, 05:03:16 PM »
OK I see a problem with HOW mach4 wizards are stored. It seems that you dump everything into the wizards folder and then Mach4 sorts it out. This can leave all sorts of BMP images laying around with no real idea of what belongs to what.

Can we go BACK to the format that Mach3 uses where ALL the data for a wizard is stoerd in its OWN SUBfolder off the Wizard folder.

Mach4hobby\\Wizards\\  Wizard1
                              \\  Wizard2
                              \\   Wizard3
 ETC,ETC

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with storing WIZARDS in mach4
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2014, 05:51:36 PM »
I also noticed that IF you compile the wizard MACh4 does NOT see it in the folder.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2014, 08:24:38 AM »
Terry put folder that are named for your wizard, and put your resources like Pics and stuff in them, then in your wizard script,
change the path that it goes to to get the pic or what ever......

scott
fun times

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2014, 10:43:58 AM »
Scot that does not do anything for IF I share that wizard(;-). The whole idea behind the wizards are to share correct??? WHy make it so hard to do so?

(;-)TP