Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:15:59 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 498094 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »
OK FOUND the reason that the macros do not display. Fanuc macros are not directly useable by MACH4. There are enough differences as to make them not run.

(;-) TP

Care to elaborate?  If you tell us what is different, we will fix it.  If not, we won't know and we can't fix.

Steve

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »
Just a few off hand, Mach4 does not allow "AND" operator(very handy saves a ton on code)

Mach4 does not allow   R I J calls on the same line in arcs . Ifanuc IF the all are present then the R takes precident. Mach4 errors out BUT it will still try to run the code without erroring out(NO Toolpath display).

In some instances how you use the [ ] to define the math is not the same. I will retest that but that is one of the things I usaully have to rework in order to get a Fanuc macro to run correctly.

So far I have NOT been able to get ANY Fanuc macro to run without modifications to suite mach4.

I will start a list here as I test more macros.

(;-) TP
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »
after running a gcode file with tool changes which seems to stop on occasion when it shouldn't, i closed the Gcode from fileops. The toolpath display cleared all but the last tool change off the display. It should either clear the whole dsplay or none at all. this was with the latest 1767.
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2014, 12:52:58 PM »
Well I re-ran the file again. This time it never stopped until the toolchange. This however showed some odd behaviour. The highlighted line is on the last line of executed movement code. Next line is a M5 and the line after that is the M6 T1.  Tool Change is correctly flashing, but the display is stopped on a line that is not a tool change request.
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »
Something really odd at tool change. It stops, waits for cycle start then proceeds to draw a circle -1.00" in Z still processing the tool change and finally goes off todo the rest of the gcode. admittley I'm not setting my tool length. is that circle there for a reason?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2014, 02:17:09 PM »
The circle is what's in the toolchange code, so you know it's doing a toolchange. It's just in their for testing purposes.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2014, 11:08:56 AM »
Single block mode needs a little attention. The turning ON works fine as to WHEN and WERE you can turn it on.

BUT the TURN OFF you should be able to do that ANYTIME. As is it seems to follow the turnON rules.

(;-) TP

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2014, 10:25:39 PM »
I am posting this here first in case there was a change in the way of "Step through" debugging in the McLua editor in the Hobby version.   Perhaps there was a post some where that noted a change, or there is a bug...

I put this simple function in the McLua and under debug, If I push run, it executes no issues.
But, if I run the debug in the step-through mode, as soon as you hit the F5 key to step through, it crashes the McLua.exe (get the McLue.exe has stopped working).  I have also tried putting just the "Testfunc()" by itself and commenting out the rest of the InEditor func. Again it will run with debug run, but not step through.

Steve,

put this below func in your McLua editor, and see if you can step through it? I have tried breaks at each line as well, but the crash happens after you exit the function...

function Testfunc()
    local inst = mc.mcGetInstance();
    mc.mcCntlSetLastError(inst, '***  Testing  ***');   
end

if (mc.mcInEditor() == 1) then
    Testfunc();
end

--Thank you for looking/testing,
fun times

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2014, 01:09:51 AM »
Scott,

It runs fine here.  Load script, hit F5, and I end up at a auto generated break point.  Then I can F10 (step) or F11 (step into) as needed.  I can also hit F5 (continue) and the scripts finishes with a message "Debug session finished."

XP perhaps?  I have not visited the XP VM in a while...

Steve

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
Windows 8.1, 64 bit here...

the crash happens (McLua editor), when you exit the function, I am using F5 with break points at each line of code.
If you stop right before you exit the function your ok, but if you exit the function the crash happens then.

I have seen a few others post about it, but only a hand full.......  I can work around it, by putting a DummyVar with a debug point right before the end of the func, and then stop debuggin on it...  it was just a little annoying, but not a show stopper.

Scott
fun times