Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:07:02 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 498085 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
HIYA Steve I found the problem on this end. THAT code did not work here either BUT using an old MAch3 trick(reboot the PC) solved the problem here.

THis is what I saw no matter what code I ran. When it ran through post testing and drawing the toolpath this is what displayed.  Something gets stuck and I have seen this many times in testing now. You can see the IJKs ran amuck somehow like there were in the wrong mode and drawing crop circles.

Thansk Guys, (;-)TP

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »
This is what I get.  You might have some other setting bonked?  Look in the general tab and make sure.  It has got to be something local to your machine.  :(

Steve

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 07:05:35 PM »
HIYA STEVE YES I FIXED IT . But I had to reboot the PC to do so.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 12:52:35 AM »
HIYA Steve,  I noticed that when you cut and paste from the gcode editor it does not always hold the CUT in the buffer and when you leave the Editor to paste it somewhere else the paste is EMPTY. Quirk ?? or made that way ??

Would it be possible in teh Gcode editor to have it ADD a "Newline" when you exit ??? This still gets a lot of newbies.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 12:58:46 AM »
As to the quirky toolpath as long as I do not jump around back and forth between Abs and Inc IJs it has NOT acted up again.

The Code processing is VERY fast compared to Mach3 it can load a file in a blink compared to Mach3.       NICE(;-)

I have a cam grinding program somewhere that takes a full 60 sec to load in mach3 and processes over a million lines of code. IF I can find it I will try it in mach4.  It will run proper in Mach3 just takes a very long time to calculate and display the toolpath.

NOW if it could actually MOVE a machine . I am running out of picture shows to watch.

(;-) TP

(;-) TP

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 01:06:01 AM »
HIYA Steve,  I noticed that when you cut and paste from the gcode editor it does not always hold the CUT in the buffer and when you leave the Editor to paste it somewhere else the paste is EMPTY. Quirk ?? or made that way ??

Would it be possible in teh Gcode editor to have it ADD a "Newline" when you exit ??? This still gets a lot of newbies.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

The clipboard is destroyed when the editor is closed.  It is the same with the LUA editor.  It is a GUI framework thing for which I have not found and answer.  Yet...

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 01:16:59 AM »
HIYA Steve,  I noticed that when you cut and paste from the gcode editor it does not always hold the CUT in the buffer and when you leave the Editor to paste it somewhere else the paste is EMPTY. Quirk ?? or made that way ??

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Changing the settings in the config does not take effect until "Reset" is pressed.  So look at the modes string to be sure what you think is in effect is actually in effect.  Or, you can code it in your program.

Steve
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 02:07:11 AM »
HIYA Steve,  I noticed that when you cut and paste from the gcode editor it does not always hold the CUT in the buffer and when you leave the Editor to paste it somewhere else the paste is EMPTY. Quirk ?? or made that way ??

Changing the settings in the config does not take effect until "Reset" is pressed.  So look at the modes string to be sure what you think is in effect is actually in effect.  Or, you can code it in your program.

Steve

Some defect in wxWidgets implementation, as reported here:
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/10515
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/4687

There seems to be a fix for that. I can confirm, that it works ... at least in my Lua scripted Wizard:
http://osdir.com/ml/lib.wxwidgets.wxlua.user/2008-05/msg00008.html

... snip ...
Code: [Select]

function
onCloseEventOccurred(
        event)

--exit frame, if it exists
    if mainframe then
        mainframe:Destroy()
        mainframe = nil
    end

local clipBoard = wx.wxClipboard.Get()
    if clipBoard and clipBoard:Open() then
      clipBoard:SetData(wx.wxTextDataObject('hello world'))
      clipBoard:Flush()
      clipBoard:Close()
    end
end

function
main()

mainframe = wx.wxFrame(
wx.NULL,                      -- no parent
                            wx.wxID_ANY,                -- whatever for wxWindow ID
                            "Example", -- frame caption
                            wx.wxDefaultPosition,         -- place the frame in default position
                            wx.wxSize(591, 578),
                            wx.wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)           -- use default frame styles

mainframe:Connect(wx.wxEVT_CLOSE_WINDOW,onCloseEventOccurred)
end

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 02:21:08 AM »
Yes, I did some digging and found the issue.  I really hate GUIs...  :)  It is tested and working.  But thanks for posting that up!  The secret is the Flush().  If you do not call that at the time your app closes, it will destroy the contents of the clipboard.  With a name like Flush() it seems counter intuitive!  So if I ever see an API with flush() in it, I will call it blindly from now on...  

Steve
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:32:22 AM by smurph »

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 03:05:03 AM »
This one looks like a bug to me. Jogging the cross-hair around the toolpath window is leaving traces. Can you this this please? 

Dan