Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:39:18 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 2010 Screenset - Now available  (Read 550948 times)

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2015, 09:27:47 AM »
Positive on correct movable plate thickness. I also have a beeper wired in that only will beep when physical contact is made (noise issue won't activate the beeper).

I'm also certain that my steps are correct as I've validated the Z with a DTI.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach3 2010 Screenset - Now available
« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2015, 09:41:44 AM »
I also have a beeper wired in that only will beep when physical contact is made (noise issue won't activate the beeper).

How are you doing this?

WATCH the tool and see if it's touching the plate. That's really the only way you could be getting an error, as the macros just set Z zero where the probe touches.

Make sure you have no values in the Material Offset box, btw.

If you post your .xml, I'll take a look and see if I can see anything.
In 4 years, I haven't had anyone get an incorrect zero that wasn't noise related.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 07, 2015, 04:41:03 PM »
I will post a schematic on the beeper. I also have a four way rotary switch that lets me select turning on a row of LEDs when contact is made, LEDs + Buzzer, Buzzer only and last position is for nothing to come on. Pretty cool.

I wanted to be able to digitize and be certain that contact had been made with the object. This way I can start off with a Beep + LED, switch off to just the LEDs and when I certain that everything was running, be able to turn off the whole alarming function to the digitizer and let it run its course.

As an added bonus, I stumbled upon a grounding issue with one of my axes and discovered that I could also have the whole alarm scenario activate whenever I was homing any or all of the axes. Somewhat useful as I can tell the machine to reference, go about my business, but still listen for each of the three axes reach their respective home position. Maybe just a little bling bling but pretty cool nonetheless.

I'll need to go to the shop and get my copy of the xml later this evening.

Hopefully you may be able to find something as I'd basically given up on getting it to work correctly.

I've rewatched all the videos on your site just to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:44:13 PM by Vogavt »

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 07, 2015, 07:08:38 PM »
Got the xml attached as promised.

I set up and retested the Initial Auto Zero and again came up with ~34 thou of space between the height gauge (1-2-3 block) and the surface of the workpiece. I have it set for 1.000" clearance and used the 1" side of the block to verify.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that when I use the toggle toolpath on/off  button in off mode,  the toolpath still displays but is locked from being able to be manipulated in zoom/pan, etc., until I turn it back on.

If I set it to off and load a new file the new files toolpath doesn't show up until I toggle the display back on.

Now what's really weird is if I turn it off, then pull up the probing wizard (covering the whole screen), then close the wizard, when the main screen reappears the toolpath window is now solid white (black background before) with no toolpath being shown. Furthermore, when I toggle the toolpath back on it reappears with the black background.

I looked again in the manual and it only says it toggle the toolpath on and off. I'm confused as to what is supposed to happen. I assumed the toolpath off meant it wasn't supposed to be displayed, maybe to help slower PC's and I sort of confirmed that with going to the probe wizard and back. Did you intend for the toggle to lock/unlock?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #304 on: January 07, 2015, 07:58:23 PM »
I don't see anything in the .xml.
You never answered my question. If you watch during probing, is it actually touching the plate on the second touch?

All the macro really does, is set the Z DRO to the plate thickness, when it touches the plate. I have no idea how your Z zero can be set incorrectly.

Are you using the parallel port? I see two port addresses, and two ports enabled, but nothing using port 2?

Another thing I wanted to mention is that when I use the toggle toolpath on/off  button in off mode,  the toolpath still displays but is locked from being able to be manipulated in zoom/pan, etc., until I turn it back on.

If I set it to off and load a new file the new files toolpath doesn't show up until I toggle the display back on.

That's just how Mach3 works. If you turn off the toolpath, it no longer gets redrawn, and remains as it was.

Now what's really weird is if I turn it off, then pull up the probing wizard (covering the whole screen), then close the wizard, when the main screen reappears the toolpath window is now solid white (black background before) with no toolpath being shown. Furthermore, when I toggle the toolpath back on it reappears with the black background.

When you load the wizard, you effectively are loading a new screenset. When you start Mach3 or load a screenset (or wizard) with the toolpath off, it's a blank white screen.

I looked again in the manual and it only says it toggle the toolpath on and off. I'm confused as to what is supposed to happen. I assumed the toolpath off meant it wasn't supposed to be displayed, maybe to help slower PC's and I sort of confirmed that with going to the probe wizard and back. Did you intend for the toggle to lock/unlock?

When it's off, it's not displaying anything, it just shows what was there when it was turned off. Even though it appears to display the toolpath when off, it doesn't, and it does indeed help on slower PC's, or with very large files, which can cause issues with even fast PC's.

The Toolpath On/Off button has the same functrionality as the one in the default 1024 screenset. That's just the way it works.
Gerry

2010 Screenset

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 08, 2015, 12:13:10 AM »
Yes, the tool touches the plates ( both the movable and the fixed). I put my specticles on and seen it with both eyes. Heard it too and saw the LEDs come on.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #306 on: January 08, 2015, 07:28:09 AM »
Watch the DRO when it touches the plate. You should see it change to the plate thickness, before the tool lifts up.
Do you see this?
Gerry

2010 Screenset

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 08, 2015, 08:03:14 AM »
Yes

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #308 on: January 08, 2015, 08:29:07 AM »
Then it should be correct. When the probe touches the plate, the DRO is set correctly. After that, all the macro does is lift the tool up by the clearance amount.
Are you sure the plate thickness is correct?
Gerry

2010 Screenset

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 08, 2015, 09:55:52 AM »
Yes. The movable plate thickness is 0.358". Is that what you're seeing in my XML?