Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:02:15 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 2010 Screenset - Now available  (Read 550928 times)

Re: Mach3 2010 Screenset - Now available
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 01:04:50 AM »
Hi Gerry,

Had to switch back to this forum as I think CNC Zone is down... Can't edit posts and when I try and reply, no matter what I type I get a message that my message is to short I need to enter at least 1 character.. If I try it on the Mac, I can't even enter data in the reply window... Nothing happens when I click on a smily, and when I click on the more button in the smily window, I'm bumped to the top of the page (on both machines).. so you might want to let someone know over there..

Anyways, on to my reason for coming here..

Got a problem....

I created the file I was talking about with the .001 cuts..

I homed the table, selected my offset, did the auto zero routine..

Loaded the program..

Hit 'cycle start'...

It went to the tool change position and waited..

Got a message to hit cycle start after tool change...

Waited a minute, hit cycle start..

button didn't depress.. nothing happens.. I wait a bit...

If I click the button again or click anywhere else, the little hourglass appears and stays that way... If I click anywhere else or on the button again, I get a message in parentheses after my 'licensed to' name in the top of the Mach 3 window that says 'not responding'..

I have to force quit... Then I can not restart the app, nor the computer.. I have to do a force shut down on the computer with the power button...

I have tried this at least a dozen times now.. same result each time... If I load an older file created with the regular Mach 3 post, same thing happens.. If I go into config>general and set it to ignore tool change, then all is normal (just no tool change ability)...

So I only have a problem when I try and click on 'Start Cycle' after the machine hits an M6 call and waits for me to hit the button.. Soon as I do, the app locks up.. I have to force quit and force shut down the computer...

This routine is crashing Mach 3 somehow... I'm 'hoping' this all sounds familiar to you..

Thanks for all your help,
 Mark

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 06:41:11 AM »
Hi Mark,

I just went through a similar situation.  In the Mach 3 Screen Go to help>about and check what version of Mach 3 you are running.  If you are running 3.43.022 there is a bug in the software that will cause it to lock up.  If you go to the Mach 3 website and update to version 3.42.040 all should work fine.

If you do a search here I think this has been talked about in a previous post.  I read about this situation on Gerry's website and thought I had the correct version loaded but somehow I loaded the wrong one. All is PERFECT now.

Hope this is your issue and that you get it sorted out.  What a GREAT ScreenSet.

John
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:43:15 AM by Helicopterjohn »
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 06:45:07 AM »
Thanks John. I have to sleep sometimes. :)

Mark,
As the manual, and my website says, you can't use V3.043.022. There was a bug that was fixed in development version 3.043.028
You need to either go back to 3.42.040, or use the latest development version.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 11:31:17 AM »
Hi Gerry,

I have no problem with you sleeping..  ;D

We have that whole time difference thing... The customer support you provide for this $20 item is amazing! I wish I could get even a smidgeon of that kind of support from my phone company!

I can't post over at the Zone for some reason.. Have 'no' idea why seeing as it's on both the PC and the Mac.. won't accept data in the editor.. Hope they get it fixed, or I do, or whatever..

Anyways,

I'm just happy you guys know what is causing this.... I'm assuming I get this update from the ArtSoft page, so I'm off to look...
After I install the beta, do I need to replace the Macros again, or will they stay intact from this install?

BTW, I'm unable to find this info in the manual.. But John says it's on your website, so I'll go there and review it too..

Thanks again,
 Mark
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:42:18 AM by Mountaincraft »

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
Hi Mark,

I am able to post to the zone so you might want check with their webmaster to see if somehow your settings are corrupted there.

John
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »

I just went through a similar situation.  In the Mach 3 Screen Go to help>about and check what version of Mach 3 you are running.  If you are running 3.43.022 there is a bug in the software that will cause it to lock up.  If you go to the Mach 3 website and update to version 3.42.040 all should work fine.

Hi John, I'm new to the PC platform.. Since the version we are talking about is an older version than the one I have, do I need to uninstall the current Mach3 first? I've heard about uninstall on the PC, but have never done it or how to know which things have to be uninstalled or whatever...

Will I be losing any features in Mach3?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »
No, you shouldn't have to do anything but install it. It'll overwrite the current version, but shouldn't change any of your settings.

You can get 3.42.040 from the FTP site here, in the Mach folder.
ftp://anonymous:guest@machsupport.com/
Gerry

2010 Screenset

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »

BTW, I'm unable to find this info in the manual..

Sorry, I thought it was in there, but it's not. I'll add it when I get a chance.

But it was in the email you got with the files. ;)
Gerry

2010 Screenset

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 11:57:30 AM »
When I run the installer, it asks what features I want to install.. It has 'screensets' checked.. Should I uncheck that, or let it install the screensets?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 12:18:43 PM »
Doesn't really matter. I leave it unchecked, as they should be already installed.
Gerry

2010 Screenset