Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:57:06 PM

Author Topic: NFS Turn Wizard  (Read 285809 times)

Re: NFS Turn Wizard
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2015, 08:43:24 AM »
Hi Ron,

I've been using Mach3 Mill for years and just downloaded NFS Turn Wizard .08.  Watched the tutor video and getting familiar with the program.  I don't seem to get Gcode generated for peck-pause or peck-retract Drill.  It will only generate for Continous.  What am I missing?  Attached is sample file.

thanks for input,
Bert

I was seeing this too, thought it was just my inexperience.
Thanks Ron,
Gerry
« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2015, 02:49:36 PM »
Hi Ron,

We purchased a mach3 licence and already used it for milling.
But now we also want to use it for turning. We downloaded the NFS turn wizard, but when we want tos start it gives the error: unlicensed demo.
If il check with help, it is not a demo mode, but our license.
are we doing something wrong?

Kindest regards
Dennis
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2015, 04:37:17 PM »
There is a separate license for the Wizards for $50. That is for all the NFS wizards.
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
Hi everyone another NewBee trying to set up lathe all works fine except in threads using NSF thread wizard it appears the program gets confused and restarts in another place it will cut any where from 3 to 10 passes looking fine and then Dros values change, x will go positive .500/1.0 and z goes where ever it wants and then starts another thread cycle cutting air, first started with lap top and win. 7 used updated mach version then desk top pc xp and version .037 then installed updated version today with same results  please any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks   Axle.
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2015, 08:33:43 AM »
I dont think the program generated by the wizard can get confused- there is only one line with a few parameters that control the threading. But mach3 has problems with threading and will loose place that ruins threads.

I cannot offer any good advice on fixing thread problems. Browse around this forum and you should find some help. I admit my own lathe is only about 80% good on making threads. It will go nuts for no apparent reason. I cant wait to get Mach4 threading up.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2015, 09:57:01 AM »
Axle,
I would suggest that you have a read of Threading On The Lathe write up which is in Members Doc's.

Make sure you are using at least version .037 . Major problem with threading is a user taxing his lathes ability.

RICH
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2015, 01:22:55 PM »
Is there a simple wizard for cutting a V belt groove?
i have nor found it.
Kind regards,
Andre
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2015, 03:22:38 PM »
Not that I am aware of. it would be a nice addition to the NfsTurn set, maybe when I get to doing the mach4 version I will try to do it.
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2015, 04:57:24 PM »
I'm sure this has been asked and answered already, but just to check, to get a license you basically buy a license to the Mill Wizard here: http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/#tabs-2

Is that right please?

Thanks, John.
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2015, 07:01:13 PM »
No, NFsTurn is a Mach3 addon. The addons for Mach3 include milling and turn wizards and a few other useful operations.

Mill Wizard is a standalone program that generates milling Gcode that can work with any Gcode system, Mach3, Mach4 or others.