Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:59:10 AM

Author Topic: NFS Turn Wizard  (Read 285828 times)

Re: NFS Turn Wizard
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2012, 02:31:10 PM »
I intend to do a turn that ends in a fillet. If you set the fillet radius to zero it leaves a square corner as it does now. I have that code written but have to test it.

I have to do some work on the graphics, I guess some guys dont like it taking the full screen, but want to see the task bar on the bottom.

I have some work on a next version, but then the holidays, and Cabin Fever got in the way. Ill be back to it soon.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »
Cool, thanks for the update. Just as I got interested in the wizard, it seemed to have died. Glad to know it will spring back to life. I, for one, am looking forward to any improvements.

Did you say you took the #Expand stuff out? I think you did, right? I some how or another have v02 installed that must have installed with a version of Mach. I reinstalled 3.043.056 on my test pc today to try and get the wizard, but didn't get it. I don't know what's going on there or why I had it on one computer and not the other. I'll download v05 from here and see what I can figure out.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »
yes, I no longer use the #expand. Its a helpful feature for support, but it doesnt run on old versions.

I try to be sure Brian always puts the latest version in the distribution, but he often misses it. Just get the latest version from the forum and load it to be sure.
Re: NFS Turn Wizard -Gang tooled Machines-
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:08 AM »
Ron, nice work on the wizard. I am a newbie, these wizards will help me get started.
I would like to ask a question. Could something be incorporated into the wizard that allows for a gang tooled machine, where all the tools are on the table and are simply offset from each other.

How could I make that work when I select the tool? Say a facing tool is in tool block 1, then center drill is in tool block 2, drill bit is in tool block 3 and they are each offset 1.00"

These wizards should make it much easier for a newbie to get started in CNC and actually produce something.  :)
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »
That should work just fine. First you would have to setup all your tools in the tool table. Once that was done simply calling the correct tool before each operation will cause mach to apply the tool offsets.  That is why I included teh tool setup screen. It is essentially copied directly from the standard turn screen set. Read the tune manual to see how to make the setup

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »
hi ron,

great wizard. but i have one request.

if i fill in the OD threading DRO's like: z-start = -10 and z-end = 1 your wizard generates an alarm that says that z-start must be greater than z-end. is it possible not to check for this like the "simple threading wizard" does. because it depends on how the user would like to cut the thread. i have an EmcoTurn 120 and on my machine it is much more easier to cut the thread from left to right.

tnx TanTan

Offline Bengt

•  54 54
    • View Profile
    • Private CNC site
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »
Hi Ron,

I would like to chear in and say it is a very fine job you have done with the wizard. Having some requests, ID Thread and ID Taper as well as Tapers to have taper.txt so we can have pre defined tapers like MT1, BT40 etc

Cheers
Bengt
Cheers
Bengt
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »
Actually, the thread wizard is supposed to do internal threading if you set the Xstart and Xend appropriately, I have not tried this, but the threading code looks like it should work.

If you want to try it some air cuts first might be wise.

I want to add a taper table, will get to it someday.

glad you like the wizard.
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »
I have watched the video on you-tube and downloaded TurnWiz.  I have the license for Mach3 and Wiz lic. I think it's a great and useful
tool to add. However when I down loaded and added to the turn addons file I'm not getting the "DO_IT and POST" buttons when I try to create a program. I've checked the Bitmaps file and they are not there. Please help with this, It would be greatly appriciated.
 Thank you,
  Mark
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »
This is a screen size problem. I did my work on a large screen, and I thought I had set the finish screen size to be 1024x768, but several guys have had trouble with the bottom row of buttons. I dont see a problem on my machine, but Im sure there is something there.

I will try to find a small screen to try this on and get it right.

What size monitor do you use?