Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:35:46 AM

Author Topic: NFS Turn Wizard  (Read 285842 times)

Re: NFS Turn Wizard
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 09:42:06 PM »
I will admit I did a very quick build of the thread table- but the whole point is its a simple text file and I expect users to fill in the table with values they like.

I need some help on from the metric guys- I have most of the DROs set to a 2.3 format. I know 99 inches is Ok for US guys, but is 99 units OK in metric land? Before I go through all the DROs to make sure that negative numbers are allowed Id like to know this, so if I need to use a 3.3 format I can make the changes in one pass.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 02:41:41 AM »
Does the leading 3 actually restrict things?
If it does then 3 would be a minimum I would say. My lathe has approx 400mm travel on the X and 1000 on the Z. I dont often use the full travel on the Z but have done and will do in the future.
Hood
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 05:21:02 AM »
Hi Ron,

Nice work, just a note from a metric user, i think 4/3 format would cover most lathes.

Regards

Dale gribble
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 07:53:32 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I will edit the DROs to be sure I have the Signed bit checked and make them a 4.3 format, at least where it matters- i doubt anyone makes a cut depth of 1000 mm :)

I wont be able to work on this for a couple days, I have grandkids coming fro the long weekend and they keep me busy.

Keep the feedback coming, thats how we are going to make this wizard more useful
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »
I have updated the demo on YouTube to the current screen. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiuQ9dKVzBM
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
Hi Ron,

While in run mode, when toggling the "edit" button note pad ( or any other editor) does not come up.

However, it does rewind the program and start the program and the machine! This does not happen when

the wizard is not called.

Thanks,

Bill

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 03:12:17 PM »
Ron, just a thought for you, it might be an idea to do a video actually showing how you would use this in a real world situation. In other words, I'm not a very "experienced" lathe user, so the idea of watching a person using this on a machine while setting up and running a job, would be an enormous help to someone like me.

Just a thought  :)
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 04:40:58 PM »
While in run mode, when toggling the "edit" button note pad ( or any other editor) does not come up.

However, it does rewind the program and start the program and the machine!

OK, I found that one, its fixed in the next release.

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 05:22:17 PM »
Hope to get a chance to test it out tomorrow, been a bit busy the last few days. May even try and do a quick vid to keep Dave smiling, wonder if he will understand my accent :D

Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
'at-a-boy!  :D

And yeah, I'll understand your accent just fine, after all, I'm told my ancestors are from your area around there somewhere in that country of yours (McGregor)  ;)

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)