Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:34:40 AM

Author Topic: NFS Turn Wizard  (Read 285835 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NFS Turn Wizard
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2011, 05:24:35 PM »
Ron, sorry that was a typo, should have been -40 and not =40.
It is possible for me to have the front turret go positive (on my lathe Front turret is secondary so negative values, rear turret is default so positive values) but for a boring or turning op that would not be the case. A facing op or parting op then yes it may be slightly positive at some point, for example facing I may choose to go to X+0.4 so as to account for nose rad.

Hood
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »
OK, lets see if I have this right.

If a rear tool post is setup and used for boring it will always have small negative numbers for Xstart going to larger numbers for Xend. It cant go positive, and it cant be a real small negative number, because a boring bar has to have some diameter. I wont test for a min size, but I will check to see that ABS(Xstart)< ABS(Xend) I will make cuts assuming Xstart is the starting dia/radius and make the first cut at Xstart-Cut

Does this sound right?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
Hi Ron, yes that sounds right :)
Hood
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2011, 11:05:48 AM »
Hi Ron,
I have installed version 5.
Thanks for adding the Single block button. By the way, how do we know it Single is On? The only way I found is to click Regen and if the Regen process freezes then it means Single was active. Not very convenient. There must be an other way. In mill, there is a light that witnesses its state but neither Turn nor the NFZ wizard has this led.

One more thing.
I still cannot jog with the keyboards arrows in either Manual and Run screens, only in Tool Offset, Diag1 and Diag2 screens.
When I exit the wizard to the original Turn, jog works all right with keyboard arrows.
As nobody reported this I am most likely the only one with this problem but having to change screen to job is a no go for this wizard.  
Anything I or you can do about this?
Thanks
Gaston

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »
I will add an LED for single block.

The jog is not your fault, it doesnt work here either. Ill fix that
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2011, 12:36:47 AM »
Dale I mentioned the oversize screen to Ron as well, the way to get round it at the moment is to use Auto Enlarge option on Machs General Config page but personally I would prefer the screenset for the wizard to be slightly resized to fit properly.
Hood

This still needs to be fixed.  I ran into the same issue with my laptop on 1024x768 and spent a couple hours chasing my tail before I came here and confrimed it is a bug.   I also noticed the screen layout needs some tweaking, some text boxes cut off the end of the text, some screen elements overlap others slightly etc.   I have not yet actually tried the wizards yet, just loaded and looked around.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:38:59 AM by Sparky_NY »

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »
I'm new to Mach lathe and discovered this Wizard thread. Read it all and it was humming along nicely and suddenly just STOPPED! What happened?

So if I understand correctly I buy the Mach3 Mill Add for $50 and that gets me this turn wizard?

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
Yes, the NFS turn wizard is part of the Newfangled set and you must buy the license. One license is good for all the NFS wizards, tunr, maill copycat, drilwiz and mill power feed

In each case the wizard will let you try parts of it without the license.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »
Hey, Ron, where has everybody been here? This thread was pretty hot in December, then on 12/16, it just stopped. Is there still work being done on the Lathe Wizard, or is it done an v05?

I was looking for turn with a fillet radius at the end, but didn't see how to do that. I didn't look too much because I couldn't save anything. I'll pay and see what I can figure out. I did watch the YouTube video!!

Thanks,

Tom
--
Tom

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
where has everybody been here?

We are around.  ;)
I myself went to test / try out the wizard but have a problem with my lathe so surely comments will come as folks use it.
 :)
BTW, Ron, it's a nice practical wizard......

RICH