Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:21:06 PM

Author Topic: NFS Turn Wizard  (Read 285801 times)

Re: NFS Turn Wizard
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011, 09:22:24 AM »
Thanks for your reply Ron.

1)I tried to keep the screen simple so I didn't put all the jog controls on the main screen, but the TAB key pops up a full jog window, just like the main mach screen. Or do you mean the single block setting for running programs?

What I meant by Single Step is the button called Single in the original Cycle screen.

Quote from: Ron
2)I don't understand this. What plunge rate do you mean, on the drill screen?

Please refer to Lathe Turning Wizard by Brina/Kiran - ID Facing
There you have Plunge rate and Roughing and Finish Feed rate. Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is Plunge rate determines the speed with which the tool plunges in the material along the Z axis while the Feed rate determine the speed of the tool along the X axis.

3)I have never heard of that being a problem. I don't think its possible to have different jog rate. You could use motor tuning to slow the faster axis, but then all your G0 moves would be slower.

I will be replacing the motors later today and will be returning with this one after more tests.

One more thing. I cannot jog with the keyboards arrows in either Manual and Run screens, only in Tool Offset, Diag1 and Diag2 screens. Do you have any idea what I could have gone wrong?
Thanks
Gaston
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 11:48:30 PM »
Ron or anyone care to comment?

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 08:22:06 AM »
What I meant by Single Step is the button called Single in the original Cycle screen.

I guess I left that button off the screens. I can add it in the next revision.

There you have Plunge rate and Roughing and Finish Feed rate. Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is Plunge rate determines the speed with which the tool plunges in the material along the Z axis while the Feed rate determine the speed of the tool along the X axis.

I didn't do it that way. I make rapid moves until the tool is cutting, then it moves at the feed rate associated with the tool. I didn't want to have to add a feed rate to every cut cycle, and it seemed to me that associating it with the tool made sense.

One more thing. I cannot jog with the keyboards arrows in either Manual and Run screens, only in Tool Offset, Diag1 and Diag2 screens. Do you have any idea what I could have gone wrong?

Jog only works on screens that have a jog control on them, thats just how mach works. I tried to put a jog control on any screen where you need one. I do not see the need for jog while on an operation screen where you are filing in numbers. The manual and Run screens should have a jog control, and if I have missed it I will add it in the next release.

I have been distracted by some other things, but I want to get a new release out in the next day or two.
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »
Quote from: Ron Ginger

I guess I left that button off the screens. I can add it in the next revision.

Thanks.

Quote from: Gaston
I didn't do it that way. I make rapid moves until the tool is cutting, then it moves at the feed rate associated with the tool. I didn't want to have to add a feed rate to every cut cycle, and it seemed to me that associating it with the tool made sense.

I look on the Tool Offset screen and did not see any reference to speed. Where is that specified?

Quote from: Gaston

Jog only works on screens that have a jog control on them, thats just how mach works. I tried to put a jog control on any screen where you need one. I do not see the need for jog while on an operation screen where you are filing in numbers. The manual and Run screens should have a jog control, and if I have missed it I will add it in the next release.

I'm not sure what Jog Control you are referring to. On every screen I can click the Jog  button (top right) and the green light goes on/off.

Allso on every screen I can press Tab and get the Jog Pane appearing where I get movement when I click with the mouse on Z+ and Z-- or JogX-- and JogX++ buttons but the keyboard arrows refuse to work on Manual and Run screens.

Other than that I see no other Jog Controls.

Thanks for your time Ron.
Gaston
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »
I look on the Tool Offset screen and did not see any reference to speed. Where is that specified?

Use the Tool Select in the lower line of buttons. That is the one that creates a Tool select operation to be entered in the program.  The tool offset screen is where you would set up offset in the tool table
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2011, 01:35:44 PM »
I have a new version, 1.05 that includes the following:

V0.05
change  Xstart-Xend test on bore to be a warning, not an error
changed Turn so Xstart is stock dia, first cut will be Xstart-Xcut
also now will make cuts as specified, with last pass smaller.
Fixed all DRO to allow 4.4 format, shiftedd and aligned to improve layout
Added Single Block button to Run screen

I have some concern about the Bore cycles with negative numbers. I cant quite get my head around that with a rear tool post,so I may be allowing an invalid condition, or it may get into some loop. Be very cautious if you try this.

As always the new version is in the first reply of this topic. Be sure when you unzzip it that it winds up in Turnaddons/NFSturn without a version number.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 02:14:42 PM »
Will hopefully get a chance to test it out tomorrow for you, will definitely let you know how the negative values for boring etc work out.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2011, 02:58:50 PM »
Hi Ron, afraid the Bore is still wrong.
 If you start at x=40 and end at x-80 the wizard starts at -40 and works its way to -2 which is DOC, not sure whats happening there. Then Last pass starts at x-80 which would be a major crash ;D
Thought maybe reversing the x start and end but that seems to work as it should, obviously wrong as its starting at biggest Dia and working to smallest, so that was no use :D
Hood
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »
Hi Ron,

I've just loaded version 5, there is still a problem with peck-pause and peck-retract  putting out G0 instead of G01. Continuousis is working fine. Excellent work so far.

Regards

Dale
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
I found the peck G0s and fixed them in what will be the next release.

Hood, help me with  the rear tool post and negative numbers. What combinations are valid? You suggested "If you start at x=40 and end at x-80 " Is it valid to start at a +ive value and go to -ive?