Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:16:45 AM

Author Topic: NFS Turn Wizard  (Read 285826 times)

NFS Turn Wizard
« on: November 08, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »
I am pleased to announce the Newfangled Solutions NFS Turn package.

NFS turn is a conversational or interactive package. Its aimed at the toolroom kind of lathe work- making things like bolts, bushings, shafts, etc. You choose from a menu of common lathe operations, like turn, face, thread, chamfer, drill,  bore, etc. Each operation presents a simple screen where you fill in the blanks for the operation you want.

A unique feature of NFS turn is the ability to do an immediate operation. When you have filled in the blanks, you have two buttons- "Do IT" and "Add to File". The Do It button will immediately run the operation. Add to File will let you build a complex part composed of many operations.

There is a Youtube video of this wizard at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiuQ9dKVzBM

NFS turn operates under the same license as the Mill Addons, so if you already have an NFS license you are good to go. If not see the links above to purchase a license. NFS turn will work in demo mode, but it wont save a file.

To use NFS turn download the zip file, and unzip it into C:\Mach3\Turnaddons

Please post any bugs or questions to this topic of the forum. I also read the Mach Yahpoo group, but I prefer to keep bug issues here on the forum.

EDIT: changed spelling of the title for you Ron ;)

Latest Version
Version 0.08 is now attached.

Added a pitch entry on OD Thread for metric users. Both TPI and pitch fields are on the screen- one of them must be 0 (zero)
The threads.txt file no needs a pitch field as the final entry. If you have made a custom threaads.txt file simply add a ',0' to the end
of each line.

Sorry I had to break the thread file, but now it can work for both inch and metric threads

Remember when you unzip the folder the wizard must wind up in Turnaddosn\NFSturn without the version  number

If you have modified your thread table be sure to save it before unziping or you will overwrite your changes

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:06:07 PM by Ron Ginger »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: NFS Trun Wizard
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 06:27:58 PM »
Looks Good Ron,(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:48:40 PM »
Hi Ron,

I'm looking forward to giving them a go.

BTW Terry, My email replies to you keep being rejected. :(

Cheers,

Peter.

----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 10:55:32 PM »
HUM I will double check the email. Does it give a reason???

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:22:55 PM »
Peter I changed some things around in the email could you try it again?

Thanks (;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: NFS Turn Wizard
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 06:39:06 AM »
Ron,
Nice addition.
Just did a quick look and didn't try all of the operations so no comments.
What version of Mach should one be using with the wizard?
 RICH
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21:38 AM »
What version of Mach should one be using with the wizard?
 RICH

I think it should work with just about any version. I originally used some of the new scripting features, like #Expand, but I took all that out just do I wouldnt be version dependent. It makes support a bit harder, but gets out of the version problem.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »
Hi Ron, looks real nice.
Will you be adding different feeds and depths of cut for roughing and finish cuts ?

Thanks,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 09:22:10 AM »
Looks great Ron, will just go try it out now :)
Hood
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 10:03:51 AM »
Hi Ron, looks real nice.
Will you be adding different feeds and depths of cut for roughing and finish cuts ?

Thanks,
Russ

I want to keep the screens simple, so I didnt add rough and finish cuts. You could do that by just specifying 2 operations, the first to stop short of the final dimension, the second to be the finish cut.

However, I associated feed with the tool, so to change the feed you would need to do another tool operation.

I may have to re-think that. Ill listen to some more feedback and decide what to do.