Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:23:36 AM

Author Topic: NFS Turn Wizard  (Read 285811 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NFS Turn Wizard
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 10:11:53 AM »
Will have to watch your vid first to make sure I am not missing things but first looks and the bits that are missing for me are

No M7
No M4

Screen is a bit too big so had to switch on AutoEnlarge

Would be nice if tool selection could be added to each page such as Face, Turn etc.

Cant seem to get the face to post in the file.

As said I will watch your vid this evening as I may be missing a lot from the quick look I had.

BTW reason I need M7 and M4 etc is I have a twin turret lathe and M7 is coolant for rear turret, M8 for front.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »
Cant seem to get the face to post in the file.

Damn, thats a real bug. When I removed the  #Expand stuff so this would be version independent I lost the actual code for doing the face. I dont see how I missed this in my testing, and I made several tests with face.

I have fixed the code, I will wait a few days to see if there are more bugs before I release a new version.

For now Facing operations dont work.

I can add the coolant and spindle direction to the tool page. I want to keep the tool page as it is, I see a tool change as a basic operation. It feels natural to associate things like feed rate, rotation direction, coolant to the tool. That will then apply to all following operations until you select a new tool.

I will get M3 and M7, M8 on the tool page for the next release.

Offline at6c

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 11:34:21 AM »
Hi Ron,
I loaded the Turn Wizard on my system.  When I tried to run the machine I get an message saying I can't run in demo mode.  Did I misread your post saying it would work but I couldn't save the file?  Thanks.
George

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »
Thats fine Ron, I do see why you want to keep tool selection etc seperate. It will become second nature once the user becomes used to the setup :)
Hood
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
I loaded the Turn Wizard on my system.  When I tried to run the machine I get an message saying I can't run in demo mode.  Did I misread your post saying it would work but I couldn't save the file?  Thanks.
George

The opening screen will say its in Demo mode, but you can use it, just select one of the buttons, probably File to starrt

Note I have updated to V0.03, see the first topic in this thread

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 03:09:31 PM »
Hi Ron, thanks for adding those options.
Afraid theres a problem on a few of the operations pages, format string is not allowing a neg value for X and Z on thread,  ID Chamfer, drill and bore pages.
Hood
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
Afraid theres a problem on a few of the operations pages, format string is not allowing a neg value for X and Z on thread,  ID Chamfer, drill and bore pages.

I didnt even know you could do that. I just took a look and see how that happened. Ill fix it. Let me know if anyone finds additional DROs like that.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
The safe X and Z on tool page also. Z likely wouldnt be a negative anyway on most setups but it is possible but X definitely needs a neg value for people with dual turrets  or gang tool setups.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 05:11:58 PM »
Hi Ron,
Just wondering if it would be worthwhile to add a button to post in a selected file from outside your wizard at any time of assembling a project.
Let me explain. One could use a file generated by LT or LC say for a profile and then use the wizard to go in and do additional specific work or
for that matter in preparation for a LT code output. The work done by the wizards would cover some of the shortcomings of LT.
That's powerfull if you think about it.

Didn't get a chance to test the Wizard yet.
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »
Ron,
For the Threading, seems you are determining that the depth of thread is not based on 0.866 x Pitch ( sharp v thread). Most users will be using a sharp V threading tool and thus the
X end value will be wrong if thread table is used. Fortunately you allow for the X End to be modified to adjust for end condition of the tool. Just wanted to point this out.

Haven't tested the generated threading code..........
Will the threading default to the the settings one has in Ports & Pins>Turn Options? ie; cut and infeed type

RICH