Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:46:10 AM

Author Topic: Cylinder Heads  (Read 183326 times)

Re: Cylinder Heads
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2010, 06:41:02 AM »
Maybe some of your enthusiasm will rub off on me.

What are you working on? Or not working on that you wish you had time for.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:30 AM »
A scaled down S & W 629. Still have 40 hours of drawing time and after spending 8 hours in front of a computer screen
all day I'm just not in the mood if you know what i mean.
RICH
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2010, 10:51:58 AM »
Hello All!

I made a few valve spring retainers this morning.

I turned the OD on a piece of 1/4 inch brass about an inch long and faced the end.

Then spot drilled and drilled the ID about an inch deep.

Then I used an endmill to make the flat bottom pocket for the spring clip.

Then I cut a groove deep enough to create the step in the bottom that will insert into the spring.

Then just move over the length of the step and part off the piece. Then starting with the step of making the pocket with the endmill, I continued until the inch of turned material was gone. It took 4 cycles of 1 inch of rod to make 43 pieces with 2 boo boo's.

That's it for the day. I have a half dozen or so club members coming over to hang out, eat, and brain storm about getting there stuff going. Should be a great day!!

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2010, 10:58:54 AM »
Sounds like a great time, have fun, and thanks for sharing-

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2010, 11:23:03 AM »
It's an amazing build thread to follow!. I really look forward to see your engine running when you're finnished  :)
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2010, 07:14:15 PM »
Cross lifters off the list. Both sets are complete. I am hoping to get back to rockers this weekend.

« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
Hello All!

Well, I'm one step closer to having the rockers done. I managed to mill the slot in the nose of the rocker. I had some boo boo's along the way that I managed to fix sorta. Good thing these are hidden under valve covers!! I have three things to do still. I need to cut some clearance in the nose for the spring retainer. The rocker will pop the retainer off if i don't. Then the tail will get counterbored and threaded to accept a 2-56 screw. This will allow the pushrod to push on the screw instead of the aluminum rocker.

I am doing all this because I wanted to make some cool rockers. A much simpler rocker could be made in 1/4 the time. What the h7!! was I thinking.

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »
omg, boy is that small, I just finished a rocker project for CompCam. I should send them that photo, LOL too funny, Good job keep up the fun work. Nice job.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2010, 06:04:15 AM »
Steve,
I guess your starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Looking good....
RICH
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2010, 04:38:49 PM »
omg, boy is that small, I just finished a rocker project for CompCam. I should send them that photo, LOL too funny, Good job keep up the fun work. Nice job.

You could send the photo if you want to. I'm sure they would get a kick out of it. Love there products. Everything between my cam and valves was Comp on my big Chevy.

Does Comp have a product that looks like these?