Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:38:25 AM

Author Topic: Cylinder Heads  (Read 185368 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Cylinder Heads
« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2011, 01:53:17 AM »
Hi Steve,

I think Sam and I both agree that everything aluminium should be anodized.  ;D

(For those who have not done it before you can purchase complete kits of chemicals and dyes together with easy to follow instructions and stunning colours and effects are possible. Obviously care is needed handling and storing the chemicals so you really need a working area secure from children, pets etc).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2011, 09:04:23 PM »
Didn't like the fan so I made another

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:30 PM »
That was the first thing that hit my mind also, Tweakie. That fan looks MUCH better, Steve.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
I hate myself but odd number blade setup will be much smother.

even number work on dc/aux setups but many are odd too.

is that a torsional front hub/balancer?

made my year :)
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »
I hate myself but odd number blade setup will be much smother.

even number work on dc/aux setups but many are odd too.

is that a torsional front hub/balancer?

made my year :)

When you build your V8 you can have as many blades as you want.  Haahah!!  The 8 blades actually came from a member of another board. Said something like "if I made one it would have 8 blades because" so I was making a new one anyway. I made it to his spec and posted it mounted on the engine the same day.  Now he is making a 9 blade. I already have a design for a 13 blade if the hint of a challenge is made.

That is a mock balancer/pulley. It houses a clutch bearing so I can start the engine.

Have you seen the guy at CNC Zone who is building this engine at 1.5:1 scale? I think he will finish before me.
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2011, 02:30:15 AM »
i just wish ...:)
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »

Give it a try!  Start out with a simple steam engine. If that goes well build a milti cylinder steamer. If that goes well build a 2 stroke gas engine. Work your way up from the basics. That's the way 90% of the engine builders do it. Start small.
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »
Getting closer!

I broke a sparkplug so I need to make a few more then it on to the exhaust pipes.

« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2011, 02:50:28 PM »
If anybody is interested I am making the plans available for the blower conversion. They will be $25USD via Paypal to pross396@wowway.com

They are 27 pages that include the blower, intake manifold, all linkage parts, parts list, ect.

« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2011, 01:28:53 PM »

Give it a try!  Start out with a simple steam engine. If that goes well build a milti cylinder steamer. If that goes well build a 2 stroke gas engine. Work your way up from the basics. That's the way 90% of the engine builders do it. Start small.

I have a coke bottle kit, things have been moving slow but I have not given up.

And do you have complete plans for this or just the blower?

thanks for the inspiration