Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 01:29:22 PM

Author Topic: Cylinder Heads  (Read 185490 times)

Offline spunk

•  56 56
    • View Profile
Re: Cylinder Heads
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2011, 03:26:36 AM »
what material is the boot made of?
« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
what material is the boot made of?

It's a 2 part epoxy silicon rubber. Mix both parts in equal quantity and press it into the mold.

« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »
I had planned to make some kind of brass cap like the peewee project. I was searching the scrap box for some 1/8 inch brass and there was a piece of tubing in the box. I tried the id on a plug and it was a pretty good fit so i parted off 8 of them. I slipped the boot over the wire (harder than it sounds) and stripped the wire and tinned the end.

Then I tinned the piece of tubing. The drill bit was necessary to keep the tubing from sticking to the tip of the soldering iron.

Then the wire was soldered to the tubing as close to center as I could eyeball.

Then I made a small tool to insert into the tubing to help coax the end into the boot as the boot was pushed back to the end of the wire.

Tomorrow I am going to make a high speed run to radio shack for some supplies to install the ignition electronics.
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »
Well using the method described in the earlier thread I got everything set. Installed the electronics and gave it a crank. It started to pop right away so i asked the wife to go get the video camera.

This is the actual first run of the Little Demon. The timing has not been set. The carb is about 1.5 turns out with 1 turn out on the air bleed screw. The rings are not seated the valves are not seated. Other than that it went pretty good. I'll have better video as soon as I get it running better.

14 months, 11 days.   

WooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax4cuh2UdKU
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »
Hi, thanks for the video.

Man, that fume must smell good.

I think I have taken a breath through my computer.

Hope to see more soon.

Jeff
« Reply #295 on: August 28, 2011, 07:23:18 PM »
Hi, thanks for the video.

Man, that fume must smell good.

I think I have taken a breath through my computer.

Hope to see more soon.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!  Yesterday was a very good day.

It's starting to get better. The smoke is starting to clear up. The engine is starting to respond to the throttle. I had to make the linkage today so I could set some kind of idle. I still need to get an Oring so i can get the water pump going and extend my run time so i can do some serious tuning.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 28, 2011, 09:01:23 PM »
Just a thought but it sounds like it could use a little more flywheel weight .  About right for a SprintCar though(;-)

PS: Did you get your Wizard working the way you wanted ?? 

Great Job Steve, (;-) TP

« Reply #297 on: August 28, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
Just a thought but it sounds like it could use a little more flywheel weight

Did you read the text above the link? Haahahahaa!!!

The timing has not been set. The carb is about 1.5 turns out with 1 turn out on the air bleed screw. The rings are not seated the valves are not seated. Other than that it went pretty good.

It's a wonder it ran as good as it did.

Yes the wizard is in tip top shape. Thank you!!
« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
I'm getting good responce from the throttle. I think my valves have seated. Things are loosening up. It'll get better at idle after a few more runs.

SHE'S A RUNNER!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwVfNobk8r0

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »
That's awesome Steve! I bet your like a kid at Christmas. Real nice job ya done there.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."