Hello Guest it is April 30, 2024, 10:36:18 AM

Author Topic: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)  (Read 194142 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 01:49:27 PM »
I was thinking more Clown !  :D

Afraid I could never come up to the high standards set by Mark Coco McGrath :)
Hood
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »

Afraid I could never come up to the high standards set by Mark Coco McGrath :)
Hood
[/quote]

You`re being very pleasant today,Tubbs.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »
Well got the Chiron delivered yesterday and unfortunately the column had come loose in transit. When I looked at it today It looked bad, the Y axis front trucks were half off the rail, the ballscrew was half out the nut and the guards were bent a bit. The Z was also way down and the guards a bit bent but thankfully they had stayed in position enough to stop it coming right down so ballscrew was still in the nut and trucks still on the rail. Managed to get the Y back onto the rail properly and luckily none of the balls had come out of the trucks. The Ballscrew on the Y was a bit of a pain to get out but eventually I managed it. I have reloaded all the balls I could find but it seems to be 4 short so I will have to try and get some more.
 I hope to get the Chiron lifted in on Monday, it arrived too late to get it done yesterday but thankfully one of the guys in the boatyard came in to lift it off with the crane so it was just put outside the workshop door. I think I am going to have about 10mm clearance through the door, would have been a real pain if not as it would mean I would have probably had to take the Z axis rails off.

Hood

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
Bad news about the transport mishap, but at least we can now make jokes about your balls getting lost  ;D

I take it you've managed to get rid of the bridgeport?

I'm hoping to arrange collection of my new toy this week, but still need to sort a few issues out so it can go straight into workshop once I get it here.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »
Well I didnt realise I had so many balls, I lost some more today :( The last day I had to remove the wipers from the trucks so I could slide the column back as they were bent and wouldnt fit over the rails profile. Well I hadnt straightened them up as I thought I would just wait until it was inside and I could get the cover off of it and get free space yo work. Bad move, seems the screws that hold the wipers on  also hold the plastic ends of the trucks on. I had pushed the column back and the front popped off one and all the balls came out. Good thing is I now know how they are loaded and I think I should manage  to reload without having to remove anything, fingers crossed ;D

Yes got the BP sold to a guy from the Borders, still not got the lathe sold yet. I did have a guy that wanted to buy it but he told me about his plans to use a VFD and I said it wouldnt work unless he bypassed the 2 speed controls etc. He checked up and found it was right enough and as a rotary phase converter was too expensive he decided not to buy it. Could have kept my mouth shut but didnt like the idea of knowing he would blow up a £450 VFD and I ihadnt warned him ;D
Hood
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:02:43 PM by Hood »
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »
  Could have kept my mouth shut but didnt like the idea of knowing he would blow up a £450 VFD and I ihadnt warned him ;D
Hood

You're an angel ..... you'd never make it as a politician. :)
Russ

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
  Could have kept my mouth shut but didnt like the idea of knowing he would blow up a £450 VFD and I ihadnt warned him ;D
Hood

You're an angel ..... you'd never make it as a politician. :)
Russ

Nope, Hood is much better than even the best politician I can think of............................. by a long shot!   ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »
Wouldnt want to be a politician but neither would I like to be an angel ;)
Hood
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »
OK, maybe "angel" was pushing it a bit. ::)
But you are far too kind, generous and caring to be considered a candidate for political office. :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »
Ha ha ok, I will believe you. Then again 99% of a countries population are that way when compared to politicians ;D

Well have got it in, wasnt too bad, got enough in hanging from the crane to get skates under thae back then managed to get in with a forklift at the front, dropped it onto a pipe (only had 2 skates) and managed to winch and bar it into place.
Some pics below.
Hood