Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:21:42 PM

Author Topic: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)  (Read 192163 times)

Re: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2012, 07:41:06 AM »
Thankfully being obsessed with money is not one of my flaws ;)
Hood

I`ll add "business" and "work ethic" to plc and ladder as things to be explained to you.

Is there a reason you`ve stopped mailing me?  :D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
Here is the  first run of the Chirons tool changer running under Mach control. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pILjZ-JXCRQ
I start at tool 11 and have a 1 second delay between tool calls. Tool 7 doesnt have an arm on it yet (have it made but not the pins) and tool 10 has no cylinder, arm or prox switces so I am not calling it. Tool 9 has a problem, it is not raising the arm when a new tool is called, I have not looked yet but I think  it will either be a burnt out coil on the valve or possibly a fault in the PCB that the solenoid valves plug into.
Wont have a chance to look until tomorrow as I have to head out :(
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
Nice, Hood. Like how smooth it looks despite being that fast.

Dan

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2012, 11:15:44 AM »
That is slick as hell, my friend, thanks for sharing the video!

Just a freaky looking beast for sure!

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »
Good Job

(;-) TP
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »
What an amazing thing to watch!  Looks like something out of a science fiction movie. ;D

When was it produced originally?
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »

When was it produced originally?

It was made in 1987 and had a Siemens 810 control originally.I bought it about ten or twelve years ago and ran it up until last December.
I used it mainly as a drill/tap machine as it`s only a 30 taper,but give it it`s due it handled spells of quite heavy work.
It had sat idle most of this year so we decided to get rid of it.It was worth more dead than alive so I kept the control,axis drives and motors and spindle motor.
I knew Hood wanted a bedmill so gave him first chance of it and he made a fair offer so off it went.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »
I remember seeing one MANY years ago in a production shop. It reminded me of the robot on Lost In Space." DANGER Will Robinson Danger" With it arms failing about. 

First thing in the morning we all chuckled at it BUT at the end of the DAY I was amazed at HOW MUCH WORK it had done. AND it did it 24/7.

(;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2012, 08:01:38 AM »
Had a look at the problem with Tool9 not rising and the coil is good so thats not so good as that was the easy fix. I removed the coil so I could meter the contacts on the circuit board through the hole in the plate and there was no voltage there so it looks like its a circuit board problem. There are two diodes visible through the hole but they both check out ok so it must be something else on the board. I am not sure what I will do at this stage as I have two options. One is to remove all the pipes, cylinders etc  and remove the whole panel on the top and hopefully I can then access the circuit board or two I can just jumper a wire across from the cylinder next if I can gain access to connect a wire. Option two will be the easiest but as I will not be ordering a CSMIO until the new year I may have a look at doing the first option.

Late last night I managed to alter the ladder  and make up a new page for the screenset so that I can call a tool to lower it down but not raise up into the spindle. That will make it easy to swap out tool holders in the arms. You can manually pull down the arms  easily even when the air is on so I could have just loaded tools that way but it would have been a bit more awkward on the back tool arms so I decided to go for the ladder/screenset option and it is working well :)
Hood

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2012, 07:33:14 PM »
Looking good.
At the moment I'm thinking, 35 seconds to go through all the tools. I'll be lucky if my new toy can manage one change in that time!