Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:45:29 AM

Author Topic: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)  (Read 192176 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)
« Reply #340 on: May 30, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »

Dave, only thing is I will be almost as terrified of going through and marking it as I would the actual table ;D

Hood

I hear ya, it's painful at first, but you get over it and keeping working  ;)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 30, 2013, 04:09:19 PM »
;D

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2013, 11:08:39 PM »
Looks real nice Hood. It appears to be what is commonly referred to as "mic 6" plate around here. Good stuff. I believe it is cast, and blanchard ground. Did the people that sold it to you know what it was? It usually cost a premium, i thought.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2013, 03:18:00 AM »
The material I got was called ACP 5080 Almac 500 according to my receipt but Mic6, EcoCast and a few others are the names I have seen it called, suppose they are basically just brand names for it.
 Yes they knew what it was and is at a premium compared to normal rolled,  I was still pleasantly surprised at the price though . A few places I had looked at online had the prices at almost double  so I was expecting just  a bit less when I emailed my supplier. It came in a lot cheaper so I was happy :)  I do seem to get a very good price for materials from them normally (a lot cheaper than I used to get from  Aalco)  and looks like this was no exception, I buy, probably, £10,000 plus of Stainless and Alu from them a year.

Hood
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:25:12 AM by Hood »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 08, 2013, 03:45:13 AM »
Got some more tool holders last weekend. Originally Mark had said he thought there were about 30 but when we looked there were only 18. A week or two back a mutual friend was at Marks and got a further 12 holders and a cylinder and arm that Mark had found, so that takes the total up to 30 now :)
 Only two had bearings and these were knackered so I ordered another 12 bearings, also ordered some pull studs for Germany (£4.50 each is cheaper than I could make them for) but still have to get some ER32 collet nuts for them, the place I usually get them from is out of stock at the moment.
 I had previously made up the plate to hold the 6 extra holders I had at the time but now with getting an extra 12 I needed to make up something else. Space is very limited in my workshop, especially in the area where the Chiron is, so I made up a rack and mounted it to the big door of the workshop. It is out of the way there but also close to hand so it is the ideal place. I made the plates up on the Chiron (any excuse to use it :) ) using the sub table I had made to clamp them to.

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2013, 09:05:17 AM »
Even the extra tool rack is nice enough to make a fella jealous!  ;D  First class all the way.  I was expecting no less though so I'm not surprised, impressed but not surprised.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »
Some people lead a sheltered life and are easily impressed ;)
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 09, 2013, 08:12:30 AM »
Looks great Hood, you can never have too much storage area for cutters and such.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 09, 2013, 11:00:56 AM »
Dave, I know, just dont have much space in the workshop at all, its the wrong shape for CNC machines, about 50ft long but only about 13ft wide.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 04, 2013, 07:04:42 AM »
crap quality as I only had my old phone but here is a video showing the accuracy of the CSMIO/IP-A when homing to the encoders index.
I am using a Haimer 3D Taster and I move onto my previously set XYZ0. I then jog away on X then reference the machine, rapid to X10Y0 then to Z0. Finally I do a feed move to X0, as you will see (hopefully as quality is crap as mentioned) the needle moving exactly to zero, ie spindle directly over edge of vice.
 That also shows a great thing about the 3 D Taster as when the needle reads zero the spindle is directly over the work so no having to subtract/add the radius of the probe tip :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZCwJsf7W8M

Hood