Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 01:31:18 AM

Author Topic: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)  (Read 193404 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)
« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2012, 03:01:32 AM »
That is only 10 tools as position 10 doesnt have a cylinder and 9 I didnt call as it sticks down and needs me to manually activate the solenoid with a screwdriver. However I have a 1 second delay between the tool calls in the code I wrote so you can take another 9 or so seconds off that. The main cylinders for raise/lower the cage has dampers on them and Mark had them screwed up to make it a bit slower and I have just left them there.
Hood

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2012, 07:48:21 AM »
Even with only 10 tools, it's far quicker than anything I'll get.
I've got the majestic one arm bandit to look forward to, but that's firmly on next years todo list along with the rest of the mill.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »
If it changes tools for you its all that matter really :)

You still going the stepper route?
Hood

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2012, 07:30:28 AM »
Very true.

Yeah. My current plan is Kflop+Kanalog, as that allows me to close the loop with steppers and have differential encoders, then allow an easy upgrade to servos later. However got a couple upgrades I want to do to the lathe first, so the mill is pretty low down the priority list.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 14, 2012, 08:03:39 AM »
Can see why you may want to get the Kflop/Kanalog for future upgrades to servos  but dont see the point in trying to close the loop with a stepper. If a stepper is losing position it is because its overloaded  and trying to make it catch up will just stall it all the more.
 For error reporting then it would be fine but that is not closing the loop so I presume that is not what you are meaning.
Hood

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 14, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
It means I can push the steppers a little bit harder if needed and know if I've pushed them too far.
But also with having the encoder wiring already in place, combined with high voltage stepper drivers, a servo upgrade should be a quick and relatively painless move.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »
Had a look at removing the solenoid valve manifold/panel and its not a 5 minute job so I decided to just solder a couple of wires in the main plug and bring them out to tool 9's up coil. It worked well and tool 9 is now fully operational. I think I will at some point however try and remove the panel and find out what the actual problem with the circuit board is.
 I got the tool arm mount from tool 10 removed yesterday. Someone has tried to remove it before as 2 or the three capscrews were missing and the third was rounded. As it is at the back and actually inside the head casting it is quite awkward to get to but I called for the cage to lower which gave a bit more access. I tried tapping a torx driver in but couldnt get in straight enough so borrowed a right angled drill from the boatyard and managed to drill the head off the capscrew.
 I got the cylinder fitted , two prox's fitted and also the tool arm then finally I got the mount screwed back in place. Got it piped up and the prox's wired and it to is now working. I have all the tool arms fitted now so all that remains is to get the swing doors made up for two of the arms.
All 12 tool positions are now working but I forgot to put a bit of damping on tool 10's cylinder so it comes down a bit faster than I would like. Hopefully I will manage to get my hand in to adjust it a bit, if not I will just drop the cylinder and give it a turn.
Heres a vid of all 12 tools now working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ8KAuzgSjE
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »
It's absolutely awesome, but that poor little odd toolholder looks like the little awkward red-headed step-child that no-one likes, lol!!

Sorry, probably had a bit too much to drink today.....  ;D
Dave
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:24:03 PM by budman68 »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
LOL hes  just got a bandage on thats all :D
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2012, 06:24:01 PM »
Looking good Hood, I like the little red head.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!