Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:37:21 AM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299447 times)

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2015, 05:53:00 AM »
The step jog function simulates the corresponding keyboard step jog to be compatible with the different motion controller plugins.
A ability to turn step and/or continuous job on/off could be in a feature update, but is not possible in the current release.

I anyone knows a safe way to do step jog without changing jog mode, I would like to know how to do it :-)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »
Yes but on the keyboard, it stays set for continuous jog, on the joypad, as soon as you accidentally press that button it changes the setting to step mode and that then affects the keyboard.

Yes, the ability to turn it off will be great, I will wait for that time.
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2015, 09:24:43 PM »
area...
as any Logiteck rumble pad users reported issue installing your new version ?!
I tried ( in March plugin folder, replacing the existing dll) and.....well, to my surprise, nothing works, meaning, my Rumblepad joysticks did not make ANYTHING axes move ?!?!
Put back the old dll....all came back ??!!
Any ideal what's up ?!

PLUS....
I use it for a router CNC !
Again, is it my rumblepad or ...??...when I use my Z stick ( right joystick) to make my Z move up & down, it will only be moving with left to right stick moves ( I've set it up on the Z-axe selected, not the R axe in the config setup ).
If I use the R-axe option in set up, it's ok, meaning, up & down stick makes my Z up & down as expected ?
I'd run R....but hate the slow ( 30%) fixed setup !!!

Can I....either...over right the 30% on the R-axe....or, do something about the situation on the Z-axe with thr R-axe option ?!

Thanks, later
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:29:37 PM by Robert M »

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2015, 10:55:10 AM »
The plugin must be re-enabled in the "Config Plugin" Mach setup menu after you replaces the .dll file in the plugin directory. This is because the plugin has a new version number (and new plugin title).
Setup will be preserved from the old version.

The maximum speed of any axis can be set in the plugin configuration as a pct. (0-100%) of max. speed for the axe. This value is combined with current jogging speed, set in the fly-out jogging panel.
Example: Max speed for Z is 100 units/min, Z speed in plugin config is set to 30% and jogging speed is set to 80% (fly-out) - This gives a max of 100 * 0.30 * 0.80 = 24 units/min.

Hope this heps.
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2015, 01:35:29 PM »
"Hope this heps."
Yes & no !

Yes...as I get good info that I'll try for the new DLL, and thank you for it

But..
As for setting up my joystick movement, I'm afraid I did not explain my self clear !
I know we can set the pct of jogging in the plugin config table in %.
As for the R-axe, isn't it pre-set at only 30% ? so, if I set this on at 50%, it will be 50% of that 30% preset !?!
A - How my I overwrite this 30% Z-axe pre-set to say, 80% or 100% ?
B - on the other hand, If I choose the R-axe option in the config, I get 100% vs a preset 30 %....but the down side, it will only function if I move my Rumblebad joystick side to side, not up & down ?..., as I tried to explain, when I use this option, I have to move the Z-joystick ONLY side to side vs up & down to get my z to travel !!

Hope I'm "clear-er" on my present worries !
Thks...  ;)
Any way I ( or you) may correct this unpleasant situation ?!

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2015, 08:58:31 PM »
There are no presets or internal limits on any axe in the plugin. Valid axe scale range are 0 to 100% of the maximum speed for the given axe (Mach Motor Tuning menu). This value is only reduced by the percentage set in the jogging fly-out dialog.

Have you calibrated the Rumble Pad in Windows to get center, dead zone and scale corrected?

As all axis are treated equally in the plugin (same algorithm), the limit on your Z axe must be somewhere else. Try restarting Mach after setting the scale to 100% in Config Plugin. Are the scale values still at 100% after restart of Mach? (could be write-protection on Mach profile).
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »
Hello,

I am using version 2.0.6.0 with a Logitech F710 and am wondering if its normal for the operator to have to press buttons to wake up the controller before Mach3 starts to avoid a "Gamepad not found! ... Please connect a gamepad, calibrate in Control Panel and restart." error ?  Is there a workaround ?

Thanks in advance

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »
This message is shown if Windows reports that there are no active GamePad attached to the system and JoyPad plugin is enabled.

"Activate" the GamePad before starting Mach or ignore the message - on my installation the message disappears after a few seconds and the plugin will work when you use the GamePad.
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2016, 09:29:19 AM »
I am writing to the forum in hopes I can solve an issue with Mach3 and a gamepad as a controller.
Before I disclose my issue a little background.
The game pad is a Logitech Dual Shock Game pad.
I have tested on 2 PC's.
PC#1 For CNC Machine. Windows XP Pro SP3 on IBM Netvista P4 w 2GB Ram, 160GB HD
PC#2 Test Machine. Windows 7 Pro on Lenovo W520 w 32GB Ram, 250GB SSD C drive, 2 x 1 TB mirrored Data drives.

I have Mach3 installed on both machines including the JoyPAD v2.0 plugin by Joakim Hjort.
Also have Joystick 1.0a by Art Fenerty installed on both machines.

My issue. The joysticks do not activate the motors. All the push buttons seem to work ok and using the ALT-LEFT trigger button and then moving the left joystick works to change screens using joystick. Pushing the right joystick button activates the E-Stop. It seems that only the jogging is not working.

This behavior is the same on both computers.

If I activate the Joystick 1.0a plugin by Art, the motors respond to the movement of the joysticks on the Logitech gamep pad.

I have tried uninstalling and installing several times, combed through the manual, and seached the forum and internet and cannot seem to find a solution.

I would appreciate any suggestions the forum has regarding this issue.

All the best. ???

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2016, 11:55:09 AM »
Are you using the Parallel Port (PP) or some controller for motion control?

The actual jogging of motors is handled by the motion control driver, not Mach3.
Having more than one Joystick/Gamepad plugin active/installed at the same time will not work as they compete for control.

- Joakim