Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:34:46 AM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299460 times)

Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »
Use the Game Devices dialog in Control Panel/Devices and Printers. I will show the button numbers when pressed.

Yeah but that's how Windows sees them, not how your plugin sees them. IOW, you have a button named B1, in Windows, that's my Button 9. Wouldn't it make so much more sense if your plugin would just highlight the button that's pressed, then we can map it as we want to. Instead of having to go through and determine which of the joypads buttons correlate to the plugins buttons, etc.
Just press a button on the controller, the plugin tells what that button is, then we map it to what we want it to do. Would make a good plugin great!

On another note, it appears that I have to push an axis, then press the safe button to get that axis to move. Then to move another axis, I have to push in that direction, then the safe button. Is that the desired operation?? I saw earlier in this thread someone else showed this same behavior but there was no resolution posted.
Just to be clear, if I hold down the safe button, then push in a direction, nothing happens. If I push in a direction, then press the safe button, that axis will move, if I then push in another direction with the safe button still depressed, nothing will happen. I then have to release the safe button, press a direction, then the safe button to get a movement.

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2015, 08:52:52 PM »
The JoyPad plugin was made to support Logitech JoyPad/Gamepad and similar devices. Button mapping can be done with the right 4 buttons.
Normal operation is press one of the Safety buttons while moving the thumb sticks for continuous jogging and one of the Alt buttons for step moves. If your game device moves otherwise, button mapping is not the only difference between the two devices.

Compatible JoyPad devices are cheap on eBay - I have seen prices as low as $5.
I would properly not thrust my "more than $5" CNC machine to be run on one of the cheapest devices...

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »
HI

I have a CNC Plasma and just ordered a joypad, looks like it will work great.

Is there any way to load g-code with the joypad or does that still need a mouse etc??

I can see i could script the "Load G-Code" button to a trigger button but what then as i will be in windows not Mach3??

Possible or a dream :)

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2015, 07:23:19 PM »
Scripts can be executed from button press. All scripts must be placed in the M800 macro - the User Manual explains how to execute script from buttons and place it in M800.m1s.

But you can assign "Reload Last File" directly to a button, if you use the same file name for more than one job. Then you will only have to use keyboard and mouse for the first job.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2015, 02:58:15 AM »
thanks, i guess to do what i want, the load-file dialogue would have to be part of Mach and not windows.

the load-last sounds promising though

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2015, 04:38:45 AM »
Yes, Mach has to load the gcode file. If it can be done with script, a button on the JoyPad can be assigned and the script placed in M800. The "Reload Last File" is a way to do it without script.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »
Is it possible to gain access to ALL functions ??

It would be good to be able to disable the built-in Step-Jog function as i never use step-jog and if accidentally started it seems it can only be stopped by doing a normal jog or waiting.

Also using the right joystick up/down to be able to control THC volts would be good, I have this scripted on the right buttons but the stick would be nice :)

The right stick up/down seems to control feedrate?? I prefer this on buttons and have it scripted but is there a way to disable the federate on the right stick??

Thanks for the plugin BTW it is a very nice addition.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:48:27 AM by Davek0974 »

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2015, 05:58:36 PM »
Thank you.

Buttons can be assigned standard Mach functions or call the M800 macro script - All functions accessible from Mach script are available to be programmed.
ESS and some other motion controllers experienced problems with the step mode (Alt + Stick) - this has been fixed in the latest update. This update can be downloaded from the plugin homepage: http://joakim.dk/joypad.
The sticks axis can be assigned to Mach axis, but the POV can be assigned up/down functions as feed override or spindle speed.

Some game pads have a mode button, switching one of the sticks with the POV, maybe this has happened for your right stick.

I hope to get donations on the plugin home page to be able to make updates and add new features.  :D

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
Davek0974: Did you get it to work with the new plugin version?

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2015, 02:20:27 AM »
Hi

no, i already had the new version.

I still cannot stop the step-jog feature, I never use this and it's pretty annoying as once you start a step-jog, the only way to stop it is a normal rapid jog. It also upsets keyboard jogging because it switches the jog mode from continuous to step.

Other that this issue its a damn fine little plugin :)