Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:31:02 AM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299443 times)

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »
Havent noticed any thing as of yet.
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 11:58:50 AM »
Hi all,

I'm a newbie that just purchased a Logitech Attack 3 joystick which appears to be a 3 axis 11 button which I want to set up. When I ran the joypadsetup.exe I got a message that no button map file was found. When I clicked OK it brought up "Device Button Assignment" screen and I'm not sure which choice to select.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LAMEIII
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 03:36:20 PM »
Hi,

If the pre-assigned game devices do not match your game device, which seems this is the case, you should select the:
-- User Defined Gamepad --
Then, assign buttons as you see fit. You can use the relevant Appendix for this purpose.
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 01:26:08 PM »
atifeh,

I looked again this morning at the Mach3 config plugins and see that my joystick is recognized as "Microsoft PC-Joystick Driver" by the joypad Plugin. It is showing that X and Y are mapped while Z is not mapped but gives me a drop down box allowing me to choose mapping to Mach Z, A, B, or C.

If I run the Joypadsetup.exe it still shows " no button map" file found and brings up the "Device Assignment " screen. 

Do I still need to do the user defined gamepad or since the joystick is recognized by the joypad plugin in Mach3 I don't need to do anything else.
I can't really try using the joystick since I'm using my computer that is not hooked up to my cnc until I'm sure the steps I've taken are correct.

LAMEIII
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 03:09:28 PM »
Hi LameIII

First of all, please describe the type of machine you intend to work with. Is it a 3 axis or 2 axis?

I am not familiar with the Logitech attack3 joystick, but I did a preliminary research on that and at a first glance, it seems that it is actually a two axis proportional stick with a throttle, which I think is a "one direction axis". By that I mean there might be no increase/decrease relative to a neutral point. There is a handle twist on another model, which I think it could be used as an axis. This should be the cause that you had you X and Y axes mapped, but not the Z axis.

The view switch seems to be the HAT or the D-PAD. And please remember this cluster could not be re-assigned.

Upon installing, the device assignment page will appear anyway. There, you should either select a predefined device assignment or define the functions at your discretion by selecting the "User Defined". I would suggest that you choose a predefined setting. e.g., 3 Axis Mill. Next you should check your "Device Button Mapping". Obviously it differs a lot with the conventional gamepad, so you better choose the "User Defined Gamepad". Then check the relevancy of each button of a standard gamepad to your joystick. After clicking on OK, you should assign you desired Mach3 functions on the "Device button assignment" accordingly.

I would suggest that you install Mach3 on whatever computer you have your hand on. No need to attach it to a machine. You can still run it in test mode. Later on, you can uninstall all or you can simply delete the plugin.

I would also urge you to read the manual, from page 10 to 28.

Please let us know of your progress.

Nader
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 11:42:23 PM »
Gentleman,

I appreciate all of the information but I think I've jumped to soon in getting the joystick without a little more research. In addition I'm way over my head in trying to assign buttons.

I think I'm going to wait awhile and maybe look into getting some other device. I don't care for the two handed units.

Again, thanks for your help up to this point and you may hear from me again in the future.

LAMEIII
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »
Hi,

It's a very useful plugin you've programmed here. I've been playing with it on my laptop and love it's functionality. I'll try it on my machines tomorrow.

Is it possible to map the joysticks to a userdro like pokeys does. I am not sure how much effort is required for this. This plugin stuff is all mumbo jumbo to me. If it can be done then it will be very useful for inputting analog values into Mach.

Zafar

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 04:51:57 PM »
 Have a question on using the JoySticks. How are they supposed to work? Do i 1st press and hold either the 5 or 6 button, then move the joysticks? Or move joystick then hold 5 or 6 button? If i do the first, sometimes i get no movement on any axis but X. When i do the 2nd (move joystick then hold 5 or 6 button) then  axis jog with no issues. Seems like it should be, hold 5 or 6 button then move Joystick. Can the order be changed?

Troy
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 07:07:38 PM »
Troy,
The right order is to press the "SAFE Button" (i.e. 5 or 6) and then move the joystick.
Did you check that your analog button is ON? Because if it is not, some gamepads do not work properly.

Nader

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 08:12:06 PM »
 The 'Mode' button? If i turn on the Mode button then the X Y joystick does nothing, and then the PN,PW,PE,PS buttons become XY direction.
Its a Logitech Dual Action.

Troy