Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:56:40 AM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299456 times)

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 10:12:26 PM »
Is the same result?: You get button responses when using left joystick or the joystick is working as joystick?

The joystick is read 10 times per second and the jogging speed is calculated and set but only if SL and/or SR is pressed, else speed is decelerated to zero.
If you hold the joystick at max position and tap the SL or SR you will get fast acceleration/deceleration to/from max jogging speed.

Have you been through the gamepad calibration process in the control panel?

- Joakim

When i have 'Mode' button on, I get button responses from left Joystick while holding SL or SR.I did the gamepad calibration also.

Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »
Troy,

Try to re-configure the joypad in the configuration menu, but this time interchange the assignments, e.g. assign X to Y, Y to Z and Z to X. See if the problem shifts. My point is that it might be something wrong with the gamepad itself.

Nader

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2011, 08:09:11 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I have Win2000 on my PC that controls the machine. I notice on eBay that the controllers I'm looking at state "Compatible with XP, Vista & 7".

Before I buy one, I was wondering if anyone has ever used this type of device on this operating system (Windows2000)?

I have the Fang Gamepad by Ideazon and it works fine, but it's picked up as an HID (I believe). It states is will work on Windows 2000/XP Home/Professional/x64.

Anyone?

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
Sorry, that was for WinNT, not Win2000.

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »
Well Old dopey me.... It was Windows2000 after all and sadly it isn't supported for .Net 3.5.  :(

http://wxmesg.blogspot.com/2007/11/microsoft-framework-35-no-support-for.html

I've tried every trick I could find on the net to get it to install on Win2K and I haven't found one yet. Unfortunately I'm looking at a controller I just purchased that's apparently going to collect dust unless this app can be made to work with .Net 2.0.  I can't even get .Net 2.0 SP1 to install.
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 07:19:15 PM »
It is possible skip the "ALT" button??      I'd like to move the joystick without pressing the Alt button

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:06 PM »
Shift and Alt buttons are considered safety buttons and used to activate the two joysticks.  Shift activates continuous jogging and Alt activates step jogging.
It is a design decision to force a key activation along with the joysticks to prevent accidental activation of machine movements if the game pad is dropped or pushed.

This functionality is hard coded can't be disabled in the current version.

You can always pin down one of the Alt or Shift buttons to operate the joysticks without pushing the safety buttons - but I won't recommend it...
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
Shift and Alt buttons are considered safety buttons and used to activate the two joysticks.  Shift activates continuous jogging and Alt activates step jogging.
It is a design decision to force a key activation along with the joysticks to prevent accidental activation of machine movements if the game pad is dropped or pushed.

This functionality is hard coded can't be disabled in the current version.

You can always pin down one of the Alt or Shift buttons to operate the joysticks without pushing the safety buttons - but I won't recommend it...

Thanks area51
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2012, 08:18:59 PM »
Good day to all.
Install the USB joypad all very well but I can not activate with the USB joypad function (Auto Tool Zero).
Some of you can help me
File part of M800

'==========================================================================
' <-- Put your own script code here.
If SL And (Button = BE) Then
DoOEMButton 1017
Message "Todos los ejes cero"
End If

If SL And (Button = BW) Then
DoOEMButton 707
 Message "Eje Z = 0"
End If
End

The code blue function good (Goto Zero)
The red code does not activate the function (Auto Tool Zero)

Thank you very much.
Pedropin
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:29:41 PM by pedropin »

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2012, 09:44:53 PM »
Hi Pedropin

For the M800 macro to be called (red code), the button combination SL + BW must be set to -- Execute script -- in JoyPadSetup program and Saved (you maybe have to restart Mach3).

Try changing the red code in M800.m1s to:

If SL And (Button = BW) Then
  Message "JoyPad SL + BW pressed!"
  Sleep(5000)
  DoOEMButton 707
  Message "Eje Z = 0"
End If

If you see the text JoyPad SL + BW pressed! displayed for 5 seconds, the code is called when the button combination is pressed.

I'm not familiar with the "DoOEMButton 707" - but if it is a nested call to a macro, the code will not be executed by Mach. Mach will not allow macros to call macros.

Hope this helps.