Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:11:18 AM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299458 times)

Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2015, 10:52:42 AM »
Problem opening joypad setup

I have downloaded the joypad setup from this site but when i push joypad setup it says:"JoyPadSetup.exe-.NET Framework Initialization Error, Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application". What can i do to fix this problem?

I use XP and have .NET Framework C++ 4.0 installed.

Best regards Tom

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »
Hi Tom

As the written in the manual you need the .NET Framework 3.5:

You will need Windows installer 3.1 and dotnetfx 3.5 to be installed on your computer, prior to installing the JoyPad plugin. Download these components from Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

I think that will remove the error.
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »
I'm having some trouble after installing the plugin. After opening the config program, it won't save my settings. It says that JoyPad.Buttons.Setup is either open or write protected. The user is admin. Where is this file supposed to be stored?

Justin

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2015, 06:52:44 AM »
Hi Justin.

It seems as a Windows file security problem, please see reply #104 and #115 ff. in this thread.
Try to run the setup program by right click it and "run as administrator" - If everything else fails, you can always make and maintain the setup files on another PC with the setup program and then copy the files to Mach3 PlugIn directory.
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »
I figured it out. The Tormach version of Mach3 resides in C:\PCNC3\, but this plugin has the config path hardcoded to C:\Mach3\Plugins\. I created that path, and no more error.

Justin
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2015, 03:32:36 PM »
I'm having another problem now. It saves the configs, which I can confirm by closing the program and opening it back up again (all settings saved). The issue is that when I try to actually use the controller in Mach3, it doesn't respect any of the customizations that I've made in the Device Button Map. For instance, my start button is button 5. If I change the left trigger to be button 5 instead, the start button still activates it, and the left trigger doesn't do anything. But like I said... it does actually save those settings into the config file. It just doesn't seem to use the config file.

This is Windows XP.

Any ideas?
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »
Found a BUG.

When it saves the config, it uses an absolute path of C:\Mach3\Plugins\

When the plugin loads the config, it uses a relative path of <programdir>\Plugins.

So, every time I save the config I have to copy it from C:\Mach3\Plugins\ to C:\PCNC3\Plugins\.

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2015, 09:46:01 AM »
Hi JustinHoMi

When JoyPadSetup reads or writes the configuration files, the location of Mach3 are found in the registry under the key:

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mach3\EXE]
"Path"="C:\\Mach3"

and the the sub directory for PlugIns is used. In this case: "C:\Mach3\PlugIns".
If the installation path is not found the default path are used (in this case the same): "C:\Mach3\PlugIns"

Your installation of Mach3 is located at "C:\PCNC3" and the registry should read:

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mach3\EXE]
"Path"="C:\\PCNC3"

and the setup files saved at: "C:\PCNC3\PlugIns".

If Mach3 are copied instead of installed on the PC, the registry will not be correct configured and JoyPadSetup will try to use the default at: "C:\Mach3\PlugIns".

I think this is what happens.

Hope this helps

- Joakim
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:57:22 AM by area51 »
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2015, 11:32:17 PM »
Hi Area 51.  I like the plug in.  It was a little tricky to install to Windows 8.  The OS has the other elements (windows installer and dotnetfx).

I am having a control issue.  When I move a joystick the machine moves but does not stop when I release the joystick and it springs back to center.  (Yes, I have calibrated my game controller).  I can briefly move the joystick in the opposite direction and it will stop the machine movement.

Can I fix this?  If so how?

My Set-up:  3 axis mill, ESS (either net smooth stepper) and I have a CNC4PC pendant installed.  I did try disabling the pendant plug-in, that did not help.

Thoughts?

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2015, 07:59:51 AM »
The JoyPad plugin works with PP and USS as that was the hardware I hat to test it with.

The behavior you describe has been reported in this thread for ESS Controller - Someone got it to work, I think it was something with switching the jogging mode before using the sticks, but you have to read through the postings in this thread to find the solution.
Let us know if you get it to work and how  :D

The real fix would be to update the plugin, but that requires that I have an ESS Controller, a test setup and time to do the programming...
For me this was/is a spare time project with no earnings.

I can understand that is was tricky to get things working in Windows 8. Maybe you could make a post, explaining how you got it installed - others might struggle with the same problems and could use your input.

- Joakim