Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:32:05 AM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299459 times)

Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2017, 03:46:18 PM »
Is it possible to get the latest version?  I'm using the Ethernet Smooth Stepper and running into the dead zone issue.
I'm happy to make a donation to get the updated version.

Quick update, the new version fixed my issues with drifting on the ESS.

I would encourage people that use the plugin to make a donation.  Let's support Area51 and his efforts.  I know this plugin makes my life a lot better.
Now if I can convince the kids it is NOT a game to drive the CNC around I'll be all set.

Thanks again Area51.

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2017, 10:10:10 PM »
DirtDiver:
I am very pleased to hear that the problems with ESS are resolved with the latest PlugIn!
The CNC machine is also a kind of toy, just for adults only...  ;D

Tweakie:
In a previous post, I explained why I did not think that a .zip file on the site, DropBox or similar solution is a good idea.

All:
The construction of a new web server with web site has taken longer than expected and has been interrupted by other tasks.
Summer semester is a time for me, where I'm more outdoors and working with many of my other volunteer projects, so work on the website took a break. There is only so much time...
I would like the website to run again, as I also plan to use it for my other projects  :)

In the down period, there have been only two inquiries and donations, which I interpreted as falling interest in my JoyPad PlugIn after Mach4 has been released. I could of course be wrong...  :-\

Hope it explained a little about what has happened.

If you can not wait for the website, send me a PM with your email (or donate), and I'll send you the latest version of JoyPad PlugIn.

- Joakim

Offline scj

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2018, 08:20:57 AM »
Hi, I'd want to use my joypad in my cnc machine.
With PP joypad works fine but now I want to add a USB smoothstepper but I don't know if your joystick plugin is compatible with new USS plugin.
Can you help me?
Thanks
Regards
Simone

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2018, 08:44:03 AM »
I only have the old USS plugin - maybe someone else in the forum can answer.

Offline scj

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2018, 09:06:29 AM »
Mmm, the solution is test it. Ok, next days I'll try to attach uss in my machine.
Thanks.
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2018, 04:01:34 PM »
I made a donation and also downloaded the plugin. I was able to get my Logitech 710 controller to work, but I can’t figure out how to change  my X and Y control from the 4 way rocker to the left joystick. The z is running on the right joystick. The problem I am having is that either the 4way rocker on the left upper part of the contol is off or on, no slow and faster. The joystick makes it so the z axis can be jogged progressively faster or slower by the amount of lever action. The   X and  y  only jog fast or are stopped.
Is there a way to change this?

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2018, 12:12:10 PM »
Most JoyPad Game controllers has a Mode button to switch between POV (4 way rocker) and left joystick - and sometimes a LED to indicate selected mode.

On my older USB JoyPad, I use this button to switch x and y movements from POV (point of view) to left joystick, maybe it is the same for the Logitech 710.
« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2018, 12:30:07 PM »
Great. I will try that. Thank you for the reply.
« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2018, 09:37:28 PM »
I just wanted to report back that changing the mode does in fact make the left joystick work for x&y. Thanks again.

Offline ftec

•  88 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2018, 02:32:44 PM »
Is this plugin available these days? There is only a request to donate on the site, but no link to download.