Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:01:22 AM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299457 times)

Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2013, 07:35:14 AM »
Hi. Sorry for my poor english.

Is there any way to configure standard digital buttons on my joypad as z-axis jogging buttons ? My joypad has 2 digital joysticks but second one in visible in OS as 4 simple buttons. These buttons are configurable but i have no idea how to control jogging with this.

Thanks

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2013, 02:07:33 PM »
I have a JoyPad (Chinese) where the POV (four left buttons) and the left joystick are switched when the "mode" button is pressed. A LED indicates the selected mode.
Maybe it is the same for your game pad.

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2013, 09:21:52 PM »
MadTooler:

MadTooler (and others):
area51,

It is 100% repeatable on my system.  Anytime the jog mode is in Step then the axis appear to begin running to no end when engaged via the SL/R safety and the relative analog stick movement.

Have tried to duplicate the error condition on two system setups:
1) Windows 7 fresh install and newest Mach3 with simulated output (no output driver).
2) Windows 7 existing install with Smooth Stepper USB mill setup with extra A axis.

Used both Logitech Dual action JoyPad and Chinese low cost JoyPad.

I switch to step mode (In MPG panel with TAB) and use SL or SR and joystick - this should give run-away.
In the same panel switch to cont. mode this should give normal operation and do the test - no run-away.

I can't provoke any run-away even combining with step jogging, Mach restart, Reset button or jog on/off.

Do you get the same error when there are no output driver (no PP or Smooth Stepper)?

I would like to have a test environment to track the error down, preferable with the simulated output (can't debug with Smooth Stepper driver active).
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2013, 04:38:40 AM »
I have a JoyPad (Chinese) where the POV (four left buttons) and the left joystick are switched when the "mode" button is pressed. A LED indicates the selected mode.
Maybe it is the same for your game pad.

Pushing MODE button has no effect at all. LED is always off, i don't see any change in joystick behaviour. I suspect that this is fake led and button.
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
Ok. There is something wrong with button. I managed to enable analog mode.
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:51 AM »
Hi,
I have the same problem (I only read the last 2 pages though)

I switched to the Smoothstepper Ethernet today and noticed the runaway when trying to continuously jog with the joypad.
Upgrading mach3 to 043.053 didn't help

The error occurs when the mode is set to single step! No runaway on cont.
The problem would be solved if everytime I try to cont.jog with the joystick (pressing R/L 1), mach3 would switch to Cont and back after releasing.
Is there a easy way to implement this function manually or in the plugin? I now always have to check if cont. mode is on..
Very dangerous situation.

Any quick solutions for this?

PS: It worked without problems without the ESS
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2013, 04:57:54 PM »
I downloaded version 2.0 and have tried everything to get the PN, PS, PE, PW buttons to work on my joystick.  They will not.  Do you have to use keygrabber to make them work?  The buttons on the right side, BN, ... do work.  The users manual seems to be of little help.  Also, there is one thing about joypad I do not like at all - you have to push the Safe key to jog the axes.  I do not like programmers to force their values on me.
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2014, 06:15:26 AM »
Hi. Sorry for my english !

I'm working on simple mach 3 console. I'm going to use one of existing projects (atmega8 usb joypad - 4 analog
axes and buttons 1 to 12)

I need limited functionality:

- jogging (3 analog axes)
- start, stop (= emergency stop), tool height probe, goto 0, goto home, rewind g-code

Starting each of the functions (except of stop/e-stop) will require pressing common "safety button".

Is it possible to configure joypad plugin 2.0 to do this ?
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2014, 09:49:29 PM »
Area51, I also have the same problem with the runaway jogging after using the step jog.  It stays in step mode and will runaway unless i remember to switch it back via the Tab menu.  I am also using the ethernet smoothstepper.  If it helps i can send a video or something, but it is pretty much just what MadTooler has talked about.  I am anxiously awaiting a fix, as i see the wonderful potential in the plugin you made.  Thanks!

Brian
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2014, 08:17:05 PM »
Its one of the most usefull plugins for me at the moment
I wrote a script that changes back to cont mode all the time..
Not the best solution :/

I'd actually even pay for a Plugin like that (or the fix)
It would also be nice to be able to set custom functions on button like a M-script and not just the built-in ones.

Greetings,
Max