Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:37:47 PM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299967 times)

Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2013, 11:04:42 AM »
I love the plugin!!!
Help though please....
I am running an older XP system.   I cannot get any changes I make to the joypad buttons to stick.  For example,  I followed the manual and changed BW (w SR) to be executed script.  The configuration goes to user defined and I save it.  I have been doing this with MAch 3 active and then restart mach3.  The change doesn't stick and the default 3 axis buttons retain.  I must be missing something simple.  Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks.
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »
I am having a very buggy time getting this to work reliably. .....

Subscribe to the nicad. I have a similar situation. If "JoyPad" project conceived as a free, invite the author to put the source code for collaborative editing and revision. Thank you.
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2013, 08:23:41 PM »
Hay yall,
I just downloaded this and tried to get it to work on my Tormach PCNC1100 and it keeps giving me an error that says something to the effect that the controller is not saved, then it wont let me save the button lay out.

Any help would be great!

Thanks, God bless
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2013, 08:24:22 PM »
Same problem here!
Hi , I just downloaded the plugin

I ran joypad.m3p and it said plugin installed ,  I can see it in config plugins  so I enabled it.

When I run Joypad setup.exe it tells me " no button map file found , using defaults , which I OKd

When I try to save it tells me .... error saving button assignments to file, check if Joypad.Button.Settup is open or write protected.

What am I doing wrong ?

Don

« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2013, 09:09:18 PM »
Update- Seems that the stuck runaway is due to the "Inc. Jog" being active when trying to move in continuous motion jog. Inc. Jog gets turned on when I hit the Alt button to jog in steps, but then never gets turned off, and that messed up the continuous jog. If I manually turn it back off in Mach, then the continuous motion jog seems to work alright.
Is this normal?

Same here, almost.  I cannot get Mach to respond with Inc. Jogs (I mean holding one of the Alt keys while moving an analog stick it does not move).  It only changes the jog settings to Inc. which results in runaway movements when I use SL and SR.

I am running the latest version of Mach on an XP machine.

Is there any near future revision for this?  Seems kind of major.

Thanks.

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »
(Addressing the problem saving configuration files)

Try running the JoyPadSetup program as administrator, this could help in some configurations...

Thank you for reporting the problems. I get the same error on my workstation running Windows 7 x64 and no Mach installation, but not on the old Windows XP SP3 with Mach3 installed in C:\Mach3 (wokshop).
I will look into the problem and post an update when the solution is found.

Until then it is possible to:
  • 1) Run the JoyPadSetup program on another machine (where it works)
  • 2) Generate the two files JoyPad.Button.Setup (Button assignment) and JoyPad.Device.Setup (Button physical setup)
  • 3) Copy the generated files to the Mach3 Plugins directory (eq. C:\Mach3\Plugins)
  • 4) Start Mach3 with JoyPad plugin installed

I know this is not optimal solution...  :-\

- Joakim

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
Attached is a .ZIP file with the two configuration for Logitech JoyPad and Standard 3 axis mill.
Copy the files to Mach Plugins directory on your Mach3 installation.

To edit the files on another pc with a Windows installation:

• 1) Make a directory C:\Mach3\Plugins on your C: drive
  • 2) Copy the two configuration files from the .ZIP file to that directory
  • 3) Run JoyPadSetup.exe program to change configuration
  • 4) When done, the configuration files can be copied to your Mach3 installation

- Joakim
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »
Ok tried what you said I think? Still get the same message

It says

"Error saving button assignments to file. Check if 'JoyPad.Button.Setup' is open or write protected

I believe I set this up as admin. When I first tried, I opened the files on the desktop and one of them disappeared and gave me a popup that says plugin installed.
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2013, 11:46:31 AM »
Ok so I messed around with it and I can move the axis and such in Mach but I still can't save to button layout, so I'm stuck in default. The z axis goes really slow even in rapid and it doesn't rail stop, it kinda slows to a stop.
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2013, 06:23:54 PM »
Hi,
I have been successfully with a saitek rumble game pad. Using X Y Z and various key presses.

Perhaps a slight mod would be after using joystick in incremental step that it resorts to continuos mode and not stay in step mode, this would allow the key board keys to move axes normal and not in step mode.

I have now purchased a Microsoft wireless xbox360 game pad.
Apart from all the buttons being mapped in totally different places the major problem is DEAD ZONE for joysticks.
There is NO dead zone on this game pad. ie the dro s continually drift.
I have searched Internet for dead zone and it would appear this is a major problem with Microsoft wireless Xbox 360 game pad.
Does anyone have cure for this or know how to change dead zone from within joy program ?
The plan is to strip all bits out of pad and put in dedicated box with proper Switches .
Thanks for any help in advance.

Jerry