Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:27:22 AM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299940 times)

Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2012, 04:06:02 PM »
Yes, I did that. All the buttons and joysticks are recognized under setup. All buttons work, just not joysticks.
Thank you

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2012, 07:56:45 AM »
Are you using parallel port (PP) output?
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »
No, ethernet.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:16:01 AM by Captain Midnight »

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2012, 06:03:47 AM »
There is no standard way of controlling continuous jogging from plugins, but some good recommendations from other plugin developers. These are implemented in the JoyPad plugin and tested with PP and SS (SmoothStepper).
Other motion hardware plugins will properly work but have not been tested. (I need a sample hardware + software to test)

Try setting March3 up to use the PP driver - simulation mode will do.
If continuous jogging works here then JoyPad plugin is configured correct and working as expected.
The problem is then the motion hardware plugin and/or the communication between hardware motion plugin and JoyPad plugin.

Hope this helps.
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2012, 06:34:11 PM »
I am trying to setup the JoyPad plugin for Mach3Turn. How can I get the pages changed so I can control them on PN, PE, PS, and PS. I want to setup Manual, Auto, Cycle and Tool Table respectively. I will use another button for the Diagnostics page. I think it is a script that I want to write, but can't find the page oem numbers(if that is what I need). Also when I list the scripts in the m800.m1s file, do I have to separate them with anything?  I am green when it comes to writing scripts along with using Mach3.

Thanks!
Doug

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »
I have never used Mach3Turn (M3T) myself, as my lathe is manual (not converted yet). JoyPad plugin should be working with M3T.
Try setting up the pages from Mach3Mill (M2M) in JoyPadSetup program and see what they point to in M3T.
If that is not working VB script can be used. A lot of the codes for scripting is covered in the manual and a lot more can be found in the forum, along with help making script.

JoyPad plugin uses one script for all button actions and you have to catch each button in M800.m1s:

Code: [Select]
If BText = "BN" Then
  Message "You have pressed Buttom BN"
End If

This code will catch BN and any combination of AL, AR, SL, SR. If you like to only catch BN + AL the If statement must be:

Code: [Select]
If BText = "BN" And AL Then
  Message "You have pressed Buttom BN + AL"
End If

You separate the script by using If statements. All buttons share the script file m800.m1s; this makes it easier to reuse code between buttons and maintain the code.

Note: Buttons will only call the script file when set up to Scripting in JoyPadSetup.

If you make a button assignment for M3T (template), please post it in this forum - it does not have to be perfect or fancy. I would make it easier for others to contribute  :D

- Joakim
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »
Thanks area51 for the reply. I have put the following code in the M800 file but no luck.  I got the screen numbers from Screen4. I don't want to use any of the SL, SR, AL or AR buttons to get to these screens. Am I missing something below
Thanks
Doug

'==========================================================================
' <-- Put your own script code here.

If BText = "PN" Then
DoOemButton(4)
End If

If BText = "PE" Then
DoOembutton(2)
End If

If BText = "PW" Then
DoOemButton(15)
End If

'END ' Uncomment END to end execution of script here.
     ' Or delete text to end of file.
'==========================================================================
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2012, 01:57:54 PM »
Problem Solved!
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »
When I first start Mach3 Turn on my computer, my wireless Logitech Joypad using this plugin does not respond. After closing the program and opening it up again everything works fine. Does anyone know what I could do to correct this problem.
Thanks
Doug

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »
It could be that Windows takes longer time recognizing the wireless gamepad than the wired one.
What happens if you wait some minutes before starting Mach3 after Windows start up?

- Joakim