Hello Guest it is December 11, 2019, 11:59:35 AM

Author Topic: The Laser Project.  (Read 854852 times)

Offline Sam

•  988 988
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: The Laser Project.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »
did you know that CO2 lasers are, apparently, better at burning corneas than they are at retinas

I don't believe you. Now, I know your going to stick to your beliefs, and I'm set in stone on mine. So I guess were just going to have to settle it once and for all......We need an idiot brave volunteer.  >:D  >:D
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,633 5,633
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 04:32:05 PM »
SAM SAM SAM.............................. your a mess.  :D

Tweakie, very interesting project your doing. But then again coming from you I expect no less. Looking great so far.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 03:39:38 AM »
Already tested the theory Sam and Super Kitty can prove it.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 10:34:12 AM »
The new PSU enclosure is now, more or less, complete - just the protective earth terminal and ground strap for the lid and a small EM screen and thats it.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Sam

•  988 988
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »
HAHAHA!!! Good one Tweak. I guess super kitty ain't to super, hugh.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
Warning label (engraved into traffolite) for the front of the PSU. First time I have tried this, it was 'raster' engraved rather than 'vector' and it took forever.

Tweakie.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »
The High Voltage PSU is now complete and it's time to start working out the best beam path from the tube to the Z axis.
I have made a frame of the same OD as the CO2 tube to hold a little HeNe which sits in the CO2 tube mounts and is ideal for this job. The mirrors I am using are OK for the 633nm and getting the beam path sorted but will need to be replaced with a type that works at 10600nm.

Tweakie.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 10:05:32 AM »
A bit more progress on establishing the beam path. It has to get from the laser tube to be running parallel and plane with the X axis where it is again deflected (by a mirror on the X axis) to be parallel and plane with the Z axis. The focus lens will be mounted directly on the Z axis whereby the focal point can be adjusted for different thicknesses of work.
This is the wooden mock-up including adjustable mirror mounts made from MDF (yuk !). The little HeNe beam is quite square to the table in both planes which I think has resulted from a lot of luck.

Tweakie.

Offline budman68

•  2,360 2,360
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 10:09:54 AM »
The little HeNe beam is quite square to the table in both planes which I think has resulted from a lot of luck.

Somehow I think with you working on this project, it's a bit more than luck...  ;)

Just fantastic, my friend  :)
Dave

EDIT: I think this should be your new avatar  ;D 

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:14:41 AM by budman68 »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 10:20:18 AM »
 ;D