Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:36:39 AM

Author Topic: The Laser Project.  (Read 1191461 times)

Re: The Laser Project.
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2010, 05:07:30 AM »
very interesting.

Amir
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2010, 05:32:55 AM »
Thanks for the video, Tweakie. Is it the true speed, or did you sped the video up? Is it possible to do the same on wood?

A lot of smoke... hope you have good ventilation there.

Dan

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:34 AM »
Hi Dan,

Glad you liked the video. Sadly I can never do high quality because my web host doesn't like me posting large files and I haven't yet mastered YouTube  :-\

That's true speed but the video is compressed down to 3Mb so there are probably a lot of frames missing and it perhaps looks faster than it really is. The X Axis feedrate is 4500mm/min but because of the combined mass of my X and Z the acceleration/deceleration is set low so the axis only just reaches around 4000 at the centre of it's travel on this 90mm diameter piece.
The one in the video is wood, it's Obechi and yes I have a good extractor system, this is one big essential for laser work.  ;D  (the near neighbors haven't complained yet but if they do then I will have to fit the HEPA filters etc uggg).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2010, 10:59:11 AM »
Very nice, my friend, just out of curiousity, how "deep" is the image below the surface, or is more of a "burnt" surface in this case?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2010, 11:20:41 AM »
Dave,

Depth is difficult to tell with the Traffolite probably 0.2mm but it has gone between 1mm and 1.5mm into the Obechi.
Under normal circumstances the depth can be controlled by altering the power setting or changing the feedrate but this was done with the Engraving / Laser plugin and that links power/feedrate beyond my control so depth is whatever Mach decides it is.
I keep thinking I will break out my old C++ books and give the Engraving/Laser plugin a good talking too but you know what it is like - where does the time go ?.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
- where does the time go ?.

Boy, how true is that!

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »
Thanks for the video, Tweakie. Yep, the older I get, the faster the days seem to pass.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
The video was great Tweakie.

Why did you do that calendar, It ends in a couple years. ;)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2010, 12:40:19 PM »
Hi Guys,

I was issued with bit of a challenge recently to produce the Mayan Calendar to set dimensions on Oak together with their company name at as good a quality as their commercial controller and software can achieve. I think this full-size version is at least equal to their published example (the half-size was done just for a joke).
As with the others, this was produced with the Mach3 Engraving plugin – OK it’s a bit quirky but it gets the job done.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2010, 05:54:41 PM »
Looks great. (as usual)
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."