Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:26:46 AM

Author Topic: The Laser Project.  (Read 1191329 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: The Laser Project.
« Reply #580 on: February 04, 2012, 02:29:09 AM »
Hi Greg,

Those bicycles were made some time back and the dxf's are long gone. I did come across this GCode which may be OK for you (scale it to your own requirements).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 04, 2012, 06:37:53 AM »
Thanks Tweakie

Converted it to DXF.

I have been playing with the engraving plugin.   Slowly making progress.

Had a big leap forward when I resized the picture to the engraving size before brining it into the plugin.

Greolt

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #582 on: February 04, 2012, 06:59:01 AM »
Beat me to it. Not sure what it is about bikes. A guy I know has loads stacked up that he did when evaluating various water-jets. Some of them were amazing - around 10mm high AND thick - done with water-jet!!! and they were perfect. Anyway here's one I did on plasma - it's about 150mm long. Don't laugh at the quality  :o - it was one of my first attempts with a crappy cutter and no thc a few years back (honest!).

Ian
« Reply #583 on: February 04, 2012, 11:04:04 AM »
Tweak: I don't see any G2 or G3 in your tap file. So I have to think that is your first attempt at your bike cutout. I was kind of looking forward to trying out my laser on your fine example of how a cut should look. Thanks for sharing, your a inspiration to all.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 05, 2012, 04:44:55 AM »
Tweak: I don't see any G2 or G3 in your tap file. So I have to think that is your first attempt at your bike cutout.

If you download either of the DXFs in the above two posts, you will see the lines have been cleaned up.  They have arcs, so they should cut nicely.

Greolt

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 05, 2012, 05:11:46 AM »
Tweak: I don't see any G2 or G3 in your tap file. So I have to think that is your first attempt at your bike cutout. I was kind of looking forward to trying out my laser on your fine example of how a cut should look. Thanks for sharing, your a inspiration to all.

Hi Buddy,

This bike was cut from the .tap file I posted earlier.
Incidentally there were no G02 / G03 moves in the code for the second picture in post #576 either.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 05, 2012, 08:31:49 PM »
Tweakie

I assume that the engraving plugin will only operate with an active low output to fire the laser.

Is this something that can be changed?

It is MUCH safer for me to use active high.  This works fine with vector cutting but alas the engraving plugin does not turn the laser on.

Greolt

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 06, 2012, 02:56:36 AM »
Hi Greg,

The Impact / Laser plugin uses the Digital Trigger as its output and this can be configured within Mach as Active Hi / Active Lo as necessary.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 06, 2012, 03:25:59 AM »
Tweakie

I had discovered since posting that the plugin will operate via Digital Trigger  active high.

Funny thing is, I had been using the plugin via Output1 active low.  This worked fine and I had been engraving the last couple of days that way.  As soon as I set it to active high it no longer worked.  Go figure.

Anyway I am now happily using Digital Trigger.  Engraving results are steadily improving as I try more variations.  Need some better material for testing.

Greolt

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #589 on: February 06, 2012, 03:32:01 AM »

Funny thing is, I had been using the plugin via Output1 active low.

That's funny indeed, Greg ;D Looks like a serious bug though.

Dan