Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:37:28 AM

Author Topic: The Laser Project.  (Read 1193859 times)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: The Laser Project.
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2011, 03:37:11 AM »
Amazing!

Dan

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 18, 2011, 05:02:47 AM »
He's only done the one. Tweakie is smart enough to only have to do the one, plant it, and the rest simply grow already monogrammed.

Spot on Sam. This is the plan  :D

http://www.identity-links.com/environmentally-friendly/seeds/magic-bean-that-sprouts-a-leaf-with-your-logo

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 27, 2011, 02:25:07 AM »
I have been using the Impact / Laser plugin quite a lot recently and one problem cropped up twice (one time too many in my book).
Depending on the image height and the vertical stepover the scan can sometimes finish at the top right of the image. If this final pixel turns the laser on then the work is automatically spoiled when the laser path is draw diagonally back across the work when the head returns to the X0,Y0 origin.

As Art generously made the code ‘open source’ it was time to take a look and I have now added code to always turn the laser off before returning to the origin at the end of the scan and (as belt and braces) altered the return path to X0 then Y0 rather than the diagonal. In addition, I took this opportunity to remove the redundant 40uS runtime check box  and make a couple of alterations to the appearance of the UI.

The modified DLL has been attached just in case anyone else using this plugin has encountered the same problem and needs a solution.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2011, 04:33:50 AM »
Whilst still on the Impact / Laser plugin - I recently carried out some basic measurements of the trigger pulse duration and timings so I thought I would share this information together with some other basic stuff which I have put into a PDF document.
I hope this will be of interest to other users of the plugin and perhaps of assistance to new users when setting up their systems for the first time.
Although I expect to update it with additional information soon, the first issue is attached.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2011, 08:30:52 AM »
Tweakie, thanks for offering your knowledge.Not a long time ago i had bothered you with the problem I had with the double image while trying to engrave!!I still have it .I noticed that as I put the speed up the distance between the two images tend to be bigger.As I told you before i use pwm pulse  from my circuit board to the laser power supply.I have put so much thouht in solving it but nothing. If it was the speed that the pulse or even the power supply reacts to given pulse , then i think that the the images wouldnt be simetrical.Any idea?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2011, 08:39:15 AM »
ntlaser,

Do you have "Sherline 1/2 Pulse mode" checked in Ports and Pins ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2011, 08:46:12 AM »
no,everything is as you discribe to your pdf
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2011, 08:49:42 AM »
if i push the " sherline......." the the images are again two. If it was a problem with the laser supply and its reaction speed then I believe that the images should be 4.Very crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2011, 08:58:14 AM »
You could well be right here.
Increase your stepover so you can study each individual line of the images produced.
Because the plugin operates in duplex mode (bidirectional) then if each image is produced by alternate lines it would indicate too great a delay in firing the laser after receiving the Mach trigger pulse.
(Not sure I have explained this very well).

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:01:00 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #399 on: June 02, 2011, 09:03:37 AM »
yes, but if this was the issue why there are two images.If ther was a delay in firing then the one image should be dithered or something like that.The double image in a given space (examle.I have one rectagular 30x30,then in the width axis(x) there are 2 images in the space of 30mm).!